Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Washington
“Not Much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in Hyatt Places before and have had a good experience, however this hotel is only average. The room was worn, the bed not that comfortable, and there are not many services close by. Other nearby hotels are a better bet.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Korean first
Woodstock, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Will not do it again. 150.00 for the night. My wife did this as a birthday present. We usually do this once or twice a year. Nice hotel then do something in the city. I have stayed at cheaper hotels in the area. Room was not clean. Took off my shoes by the couch. Walked to the bed to lay down and watch TV. Looked down at my feet. There was a ball of hair by them. Looked at the shower. Didn't take shower. Wife ordered a cheese plate. When I got hungry after seeing the plate. I was going to order a pizza. No phone book. No channel guide. Concert we went to wasn't great either. Not their fault. Before going asleep thought ok will get up for a nice breakfast. For 150.00 I figured I would get a nice breakfast. If you are a vegetarian it would be great. I have stayed at cheaper hotels that were nicer in the Dulles area. My recommendation is stay at a Motel 6 and eat at Denny's.. Cheaper and more amenities. Never again..

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We had 2 nights at this property and it was excellent except for the fact that when we checked in we were put in the room right next to the conference rooms and on Sunday morning they had local church services in those rooms. Not a huge deal, the front desk staff was very helpful in moving us up to the 6th floor once we realized there was going to be a LOT of noise all day long.

The pool is nice... breakfast was as expected at a Hyatt Place and we really could not have been happier.

Room Tip: Make sure you're not next to the conference rooms!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Yes, I know I usually review "luxury" properties, but I think its time I branch out and let you know about the hard working "budget friendly" hotels I stay at when taking flights that depart on or before 6:00 am.

I started staying at hotels the night before an early flight after missing a 6:15 AM flight from BOS to LIR due to an accident in Boston's tunnel. The delay lasted over an hour, thus having to sit at BOS until a flight to SJO departed and forcing me to find and take a Nature Air flight from SJO to LIR, ending up spending all day to finally reach the Four Seasons. So, right away I decided, or rather wised up, a $100.00 — $150.00 hotel room was worth more then the headaches my missed flight caused. The Hyatt Place also has a "park and fly" option, and even long term parking can add up to more then a night's stay and week long parking, and without the hassles, longterm parking can sometimes be.

I found the Hyatt Place chain, because Im a huge fan of the Hyatt Gold Passport program (along with MANY others), and was so pleasantly surprised with room size, plush clean towels and extremely friendly front desk staff. The room size is huge with desks, separate sitting area with sofa's and usually a large flat screen TV that swivels to accommodate the bedroom as well.

This Hyatt Place is next door to the Sheraton, and they share the shuttle van to IAD, and, though the van is kind of old and tired, the driver(s) have always been on time, helpful and friendly.

The Hyatt Place in all the locations I used, have a plentiful free breakfast starting early and decent coffee, not a super luxury Cappuccino, Espresso machine, but it's hot and not bitter, and they give guests a few types of milk and creams, not all budget friendly hotels do. They also have egg dishes where I've stayed with fruits and breads, and though Im not a big breakfast goer, it's nice to have options.

Now, I can't say I will ever book a vacation within the Hyatt Place chain, but, they realize who their customer(s) are and cater quite well to them, the business traveler(s), as well as the needs of guests like myself, that simply rather not stress out getting to an early flight's departure.

Travel can be tough and tedious, so be kind to your fellow traveler and be smart, safe and enjoy the experience's in front of you.

B

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Good, free breakfast. Friendly staff, good location. Rooms are nice size. Would prefer a bit more water pressure. Furniture ( sleeper sofa) was a bit worn. Decent value for the money. Free parking and places to eat.

• Stayed May 2013
Carolina, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

All rooms I saw were extremely comfortable, gorgeous and spacious. The front desk were very kind, but they could get better in their professionalism.

If you're gonna take the shuttle from the airport, you should call the hotel (don't wait until it comes, like other hotels), because they don't have a constant shuttle going there.

It's like 40 minutes far from Washington DC. But overall, it is a great choice and not so expensive.

Room Tip: If you're gonna take the shuttle from the airport, you should call the hotel (don't wait unt...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel was terrible! Booked for the week (was here on business), had 2 bus loads of kids for 2 nights...makes me thankful my children are grown! Slamming doors constantly for 2 evenings. The wifi is very unstable making it very difficult to do any work in the evenings. I can go on and on.. But to make it short and sweet... Never again!! Extremely disappointed

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Jill W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Jenny A

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review on Trip Advisor. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I'm very sorry for the noise you experienced on your recent visit. Our location is ideal for student groups visiting the Washington DC area. Generally, the students are very well behaved, however on occassion, we have experienced some students that are overly excited regarding their trip. In the future, we will do our best to block student rooms together away from our business travelers.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 571-643-0905

Jill Ward