“Good business hotel near Dulles” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East

Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
“Good business hotel near Dulles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Good, free breakfast. Friendly staff, good location. Rooms are nice size. Would prefer a bit more water pressure. Furniture ( sleeper sofa) was a bit worn. Decent value for the money. Free parking and places to eat.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Korean first
Carolina, Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

All rooms I saw were extremely comfortable, gorgeous and spacious. The front desk were very kind, but they could get better in their professionalism.

If you're gonna take the shuttle from the airport, you should call the hotel (don't wait until it comes, like other hotels), because they don't have a constant shuttle going there.

It's like 40 minutes far from Washington DC. But overall, it is a great choice and not so expensive.

Room Tip: If you're gonna take the shuttle from the airport, you should call the hotel (don't wait unt...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel was terrible! Booked for the week (was here on business), had 2 bus loads of kids for 2 nights...makes me thankful my children are grown! Slamming doors constantly for 2 evenings. The wifi is very unstable making it very difficult to do any work in the evenings. I can go on and on.. But to make it short and sweet... Never again!! Extremely disappointed

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Jill W, General Manager at Hyatt Place Herndon / Dulles Airport - East, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Jenny A

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review on Trip Advisor. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I'm very sorry for the noise you experienced on your recent visit. Our location is ideal for student groups visiting the Washington DC area. Generally, the students are very well behaved, however on occassion, we have experienced some students that are overly excited regarding their trip. In the future, we will do our best to block student rooms together away from our business travelers.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 571-643-0905

Jill Ward
Hyatt Place Dulles Airport East
Prince George, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were promptly greeted upon arriving, however the two front desk ladies were not very friendly. They gave us the information we needed (room number, breakfast times, etc.) but that was the end of it. The room was clean and spacious, and our encounters with the cleaning crew were all positive. They were funny and friendly. :) Breakfast was delicious with lots of choices! Overall, great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you want lost room payment information, lost meeting room reservations, room keys that aren't programmed properly more than once, broken tv remote, broken hair dryer, burned out light bulb by the bed, dim bathroom lighting, notepads used by previous guests left in your room, staff that calls you "Hun" and can't answer any questions, and to go next door to the Sheraton for your meals, then this is the place for you.

If you're using a meeting room to conduct job interviews and want the candidates sent to your bedroom instead of a meeting room, then again, this is definitely the hotel for you.

This was my experience at this hotel. I travel for business several times a month and I'll never stay here again. The meeting rooms also look very outdated. The front desk told me the same people franchise the Sheraton next door, so I'm crossing that place off my list too.

On the positive side, the rooms are modern and clean and the hotel has a free shuttle to Dulles.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

An excellent hotel. This Hyatt Place was clean and very modern looking. The guest services were prompt and courteous. There is a 24 hour snack bar, and very delicious breakfast available. The room came with a wall mounted widescreen TV, with plug-ins for laptops, game systems, etc. (although I couldn't get my laptop to output video to the correct aspect ratio: just a head's up).

There is also a small workout room, as well as an indoor pool; though I didn't use them, I walked by and they seemed clean and in excellent condition.

They provided a shuttle to and from Dulles airport, which is only about 15 minutes away, and from there you can get to the National Mall via bus/shuttles/light rail.

For the price, this was an excellent place to stay, and I would definitely stay again and recommend it to anyone in need of a place to stay in the nearby area.

Room Tip: My room had a shower stall, not a tub; check ahead of time if this is an issue.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Buckeye, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here to end out the week of a work trip. We had a day to play and an early flight the next morning so we had to choose to be close to the sights or close to the airport. I am so happy with our choice. The drive to DC was not bad at all, and the value was worth it!

Location was easy to find and very nice for the Dulles Airport, and the hotel just had a nice feel to it.

Staff: all the staff we ran into were great. Very nice, friendly, and helpful. Check in was quick and easy. Staff went out of their way to try to help me print the boarding passes which we never could get to print. I appreciate their willingness to go help.

The room - was perfect for us - there were 4 non coupled adults sharing a room. We had a 2 queen room, which also had a sectional pull out couch. We all had plenty of space to spread out and unwind - BONUS the room had plenty of plugs - such a rare find. My only complaint would be the blinking green light for the detector right across the beds.

Breakfast was the great - lots of food options. I like that snacks were available all night long. Pool hours were weird - we tried a couple of times to get down there and never had luck.

I would defiantly recommend and if I ever make it back to the area will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business