“More than met the eye”

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
San Francisco, California
“More than met the eye”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

First, let me apologize for not having any photos. I typically try to have some photos.

Let me say that I was initially unimpressed when I saw the shuttle that picked me up at the airport. I know, a completely irrelevant reason to make a judgement but nevertheless, that is what I did.

When I checked in and got to my room, was I shocked and my opinion changed. The corner room I got put in on the 4th FL was great. Nice sized room with a sofa in it as well. I did not watch tv but I did use the wifi, which worked well for my Win 8 laptop and iPhone, had good connectivity to check mail before crashing for the night.

Bed was comfy and the climate controls were easy to use and did a great job of keeping the room at just the right temperature. The hot water in the shower was hot within seconds which was nice too.

This is a good place, whether overnight or for a few nights.

Room Tip: Get the corner room if you want to sleep well. And they do have the essentials in case you forget th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed for 2nights in august 2adult and 2 children /staff helpful printed off the bus time table to get from airport to downtown as well as the subway map. When arrived after a long flight from London kids just wanted to jump in the pool this was closed (not opened all the time) but happy to drop us of at the another hyatt which was only 10mins walk away.Breakfast ample and lots of choice. The reason i knocked of a point was i booked a king room and asked for sofa bed to made up as a family of 4 this wasn't done but while swimming front desk organised it. Also iam used just going to the hotel pick up area and they pick you up, not with this hotel there is no courtesy phone so just remember to take 50c and their number and bus will be with you in 10mins but they do share it with the Sheraton hotel next door.

Room Tip: remember 50c to call for shuttle bus
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Place while visiting DC area attractions. The hotel is conveniently located off the Dulles toll road. It is in the middle of a business/residential park, but our room was quiet. Staff was polite and helpful. Our room was clean and nicely furnished. The hot breakfast that was included with our stay was the best we have had in any hotel and included specialty breakfast sandwiches, waffles or french toast, steel-cut oatmeal, fresh fruit and the usual beverages. Staff worked hard to keep breakfast items stocked and the area clean. We enjoyed our stay so much that we added another night!

• Stayed August 2012
Knoxville
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed here because of the location and cost. Great breakfast, clean rooms, very quiet, and wonderful service. Would highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again. We never heard a single plane. The pull out sofa was more comfortable than most beds in other hotels

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed here for a week during corporate training. Very nice place.

PROS:

Shuttle pick-up from the airport to the hotel. They also were very willing to take me anywhere within the local area, including restaurants, businesses, etc. The driver was very friendly and courteous.

The hotel had no issues holding my luggage after checkout while I remained in training and seen the sights in the area. I felt this was a nice touch, and helped me keep a peace of mind.

The breakfast is very good, especially for free. Typically hotels that offer a complimentary breakfast will often offer a slim variety of items. That did not seem to be the case with this hotel, plenty of items to choose from. Even the coffee was good.

Lastly, the staff was always friendly engaging in conversation and very helpful with suggestions of places to eat and things to do.

Cons: None to speak of.

Summary - I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this area, especially if you want to remain close to the airport.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Jimmy S
Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Location: Hotel is located very close to Dulles Airport and about 30 minutes drive from Washington, DC. It is good spot to stay overnight when you are travelling in business or sightseeing in Washington. Neighborhood is calm, allowing you to have a good rest after tiring day.

Staff: Very flexible and understanding (I arrived with friends in the middle of night and in spite of some issues with our reservation we got the room we needed).

Rooms: Our room look very decent, however it didn't impressed us in any way. Only gripe was loud and directly blowing on the second bed air-conditioner (air-stream direction couldn't be changed).

Cleanliness: No objections

Breakfast: It was served next to the lobby on the left and it wasn't haute cuisine but tasted better than one may have expected in 3 star hotel (better ranked hotels could have such one). I especially enjoyed toasts prepared by a cook at the back of breakfast place in a small kitchenette.

Other: Complimentary WiFi was very nice addition - it was reliable and worked without any major slowdowns or breaks.

Price/Value Ratio: Excellent. It was really worth stay there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Kalamazoo MI
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed at this property for 6 days in early August. I had two major incidents while I was there. The first was another guest was also booked to the same room I was in so while I was relaxing in my room I heard the door opened and it was another guest with a key who was just checked into the same room.
My second incident was where house keeping left my room unopened for over 4 hours while I was away. I am still waiting for a sincere apology and some form of compensation from the hotel management.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business