“Near Airport but desolate location”

Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Moultonborough, New Hampshire
“Near Airport but desolate location”
Reviewed December 13, 2010

If all you need is an in-and-out from Dulles at a reasonable price, this will work. Nice staff, clean hotel, but no restaraunt, no meals close by, difficult area.....but go in to Herndon's diner and you'll have a good dinner.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
HerndonManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, December 23, 2010
Thank you for your comments regarding the Comfort Inn Dulles Airport. We greatly appreciate your patronage, as well as your commentary. I would point out that there are two restaurants (Outback Steakhouse and Cantina D'Italia with whom we share a parking lot. We are also within 1-2 miles of between 20-30 different restaurants, to which our shuttle can bring you. That said, thanks again for staying at the Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Pinconning, Michigan
Reviewed November 16, 2010

This hotel was very nice. The front desk staff was very friendly both at checkin and checkout. The hotel does look a little bit older inside, but it still was clean and didn't have any strong smells. The wireless internet worked well. There were numerous restaurants right next door, along with restaurants in the vicinity. My only complaint is that it is on a very busy road, and can be difficult to navigate the area around the hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, November 18, 2010
Thank you very much for your comments, and for your patronage at the Comfort Inn Dulles Airport. We try very hard to ensure the satisfaction of all guests, and we always appreciate hearing feedback as often as we can get it. Our Front Desk staff is very knowledgeable about the area it would have been there pleasure to assist you with directions.
Thank you again for choosing the Comfort Inn Dulles Airport.
Singapore
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Booked this place cos of its proximity to the airport due to my early am flight

First, when we checked in, we were greeted, wrong, we met this very unfriendly lady at the front desk. She was not helpful at all and didnt helped much in any questions.

Next, we felt cheated by the hotel website because we went to that hotel thinking that there was gonna be microwave and refridgerator as we needed them to sterilise the milk bottles and keep breast milk for my infant boy. (Check the website if u dun believe me) Hence we ask the same front desk lady re the microwave, she replied curtly there's none in all the rooms, but one in the dining area.

We said ok then, perhaps I got it wrong. So we went back to our room and logged on to the free wireless internet, the connection was poor. Anyway, we checked the hotel website again and it clearly was mentioned that the fridge and the microwave were available in some rooms. Hence we went back to the same 'friendly' lady in the front desk to inquire re the fridge (as we did not find one in our room). Then she replied even more 'politely' and said there's no fridge. We then showed her the website on our laptop and she said, the room that we booked has none of these. Only the very expensive suites have all these facilities.

We felt so so cheated and angered. Even more so by her 'excellent' service

Then on the same night, a large bunch of tourists from other nationalities checked in and were making alot of noise in the dining area, playing cards, etc. It was close to midnight and my room was fairly near to the area. I went out to check and it was the same lady at the front desk who allowed all these to happen at such hours. Doesnt she know that ppl go to hotel to rest and there are other tourists that she has to be accountable for at the same time.

Though perhaps we can forgive all these. But what was the most infuriating and prompted me to write this lengthy review was that we were almost cheated of our MONEY!!

When we checked out the next am, fortunately, it was a different and more pleasant front desk lady who attended to us. She got us this invoice and told us that we need to sign on it. Though i signed it without giving it much thought, my wife reminded me that we should have already prepaid this through booking through one of the discounted websites the nights prior. Then we mentioned this to the lady who checked on her hotel computer and realised the mistake and mentioned that the 'friendly and competent' lady that we encounted on our check in made the mistake!!!!

How could anyone make this kind of mistake?? Imagine if we didnt realised it and we signed on the invoice. We would be charged twice...

I would never ever ever stay in this hotel ever again!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank asdfgh78
HerndonManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, October 26, 2010
Thank you for your review, and your patronage at the Comfort Inn Dulles Airport. I'm very sorry that you didn't enjoy your experience at our property. After having read your review, I would request that you contact me in person to discuss this further. All of our rooms do in fact have refridgerators, and we do have a microwave for all guests' use in our breakfast room. I would like to speak with you regarding your final bill, as I have some questions regarding what happened and I want to ensure that you were not double charged. Thank you.
Fullerton, California
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I chose this hotel for 2 reasons, free airport shuttle and free breakfast. I've stayed at other Comfort Inns in the past and found them to be decent. I was glad to see that this hotel was furnished nice, our room was clean, the staff was friendly. Over all a great deal and location was fine, although we drove into DC and only slept and ate breakfast here but I did see an Outback restaurant nearby.
The breakfast was ok, they had a waffle maker so every morning I had waffles, coffee and juice. Breakfast is only from 7-9, which was ok for us we were trying to get an early start anyway. The only complaint I would have is that other guests hogging the computer, they only have one computer in the lobby for guest with a sign that said something to the effect of please be brief so other guest can use the computer, every morning some idiot who's partner kicked him out of his house was using the computer only to charge his Iphone and everyone can hear all his drama, idiot!!
I expected the front desk to tell him let others use the computer but they didn't, I guess next time I will bring my laptop and just avoid that situation again.
Over all nice hotel, great price and friendly staff.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
HerndonManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, October 21, 2010
Thank you very much for your comments, and for your patronage at the Comfort Inn Dulles Airport. We try very hard to ensure the satisfaction of all guests, and we always appreciate hearing feedback as often as we can get it. I do apologize about the situation with the computer; please feel free to alert our staff if this is ever an issue in the future, and we'll make sure to alleviate the problem in a swift manner. Thank you again for choosing the Comfort Inn Dulles Airport.
warwick, England
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Arrived at night after a very long flight and huge wait at immigration. We were tired and irritable. The hotel provided a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and we had to wait about 10-15 mins which was reasonable (although seems a long time when you are tired). The check in staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and lovely and the free wi-fi and free coffee "on tap" in reception were very welcome. Breakfast was included and was adequate. This was 10 times better than the much more expensive marriott which you paid for coffee, wifi and no breakfast included. The shuttle bus staff and all the staff we met were very friendly and efficient. A good stay and would recommend to anyone

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
HerndonManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2010
Thank you very much for your review of our property, as well as for your patronage. At the Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport we strive to offer the very best customer service possible, and we appreciate knowing that we did our jobs in this case. Thank you very much, and we sincerely hope to see you again at the Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport!
Hyderabad
Reviewed July 22, 2010

After a days stay sightseeing in Washington DC we zeroed on this hotel post some price and reviews analysis. The stay was fine and so were the related aspects like room size, breakfast (though basic), internet etc. One could smell the smoke in the coridors but fortunately not in the rooms. The hotel is still good but the ageing does show at a few places. Might be in times to come they need to renovate to keep up the standards..

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
HerndonManager, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2010
Thank you very much for your review, as well as for your patronage. We take our guests' commentary very seriously here at the Comfort Inn Dulles Airport, and we try very hard to ensure the satisfaction of all guests. We recognize that travelers have a lot of various lodging options when they come to the greater Washington DC area, and we sincerely appreciate the fact that you decided to stay at our humble abode. Consequently, we also appreciate you taking the time to write into Trip Advisor, as it helps us to see what we're doing well and in which areas we need to improve. Please do not hesitate to stop in and see us again next time you're in the DC area.
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Desk clerk had to "check to see if our room was ready". Literally she walked to the room! This being at 10PM and after I had called to verify late check in. Could not find TV remote..but after pulling down bedspread and sheets, there it was made up in bed (does that tell you anything?) What maid would put the TV remote inside the bed.. if the sheets had been changed! Then as we pulled the sheets down a bit more.. to our horror.. fecal marks and another nasty stain where one would slide out of the bed. Immediately called front desk and they sent us clean (?) sheets. One flat and one fitted.. no pillowcases.. needless to say we changed the nasty bed linens ourselves and slept the 4 hours we had before our flight with out clothes on ! Now do you think we will be staying there again, or suggesting it to anyone? NOT A CHANCE! First time I have ever encountered this in all my years of travel! I guess I'm lucky in that sense.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank HonestReviewer1234
HerndonManager, Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2010
I sincerely apologize about the situation regarding your room upon your stay. Please feel free to contact us directly, and we will do anything in our power to remedy the situation for your moving forward.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston
Hyatt Regency Reston

Been to Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!