“not a good experience” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Annandale, New Jersey
“not a good experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

at check-in, another guest came out to report the jacuzzi in his room was smoking. came back 5 minutes later and said I think it's on fire. as i went up to my room (above his), the smell of burning electrical filled the hallway.
turned on a/c in my room, went out to dinner; came back, a/c not working, and would not work. It was 92 during the day, so it was pretty warm in the room (and not a great odor walking in). Called down to desk, said they'd see what they could do. An hour later, called them and told them not to bother, needed to get some sleep. Knew there were no other rooms in the hotel or the area for that matter. Positives? wakeup was ontime. Manager made a small adjustment on the room rate. Will not return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
DOutlaw, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, September 18, 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time out to let us know about your stay at our property.
I would like to extend my apologies to you for your unpleasant stay. There are no excuses for the issues you encountered during your stay. While maintenance issues do occur at times, it sounds like the less than accommodating guest services only compounded the issue further.
Guest services are very important to us here at the Comfort Inn, and it appears we fell way short of our goal in your case. For that I am extremely sorry and I will personally address the issue to ensure that something like this does not occur again.

I have made guest services my number one priority at the hotel and we are aiming to provide superior guest services to all of our guests who stay with us.

Again, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. I ask that if your travels find you in our area again that you please reach out to me directly, I would like the opportunity to make this up to you.

Thank you again for taking the time out to let us know about your stay. Your feedback is extremely valuable and it will be used as a teaching tool for all of our staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dillwyn, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Recently I stayed at this location because of Outback next door and it has great service.

The internet in the past has been weak at best. Well to my surprise the connection was very good this time. The staff told me the entire system had been redone. Well it is great now. Thank you.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Chuck S
Leon C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We at the Comfort Inn Herndon Dulles work hard to continually make improvements to our property. It is refreshing to know that our work doesn't go unnoticed. Thank you again, and we hope you choose us whenever you are in the area of Herndon!

Leon Chittams
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I can't imagine why anyone would spend $80-$100 or more at another hotel near Dulles when you could stay here. Beautifully maintained interior, clean and spacious rooms, comfortable bed, free breakfast, free wi-fi, free airport shuttle, and a most helpful and accommodating staff. I've stayed in five star hotels and while this one doesn't have the five star amenities it certainly has five star value.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
CIHerndon, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful 5 star review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as our many complimentary amenities and that you found the room and bed to be comfortable. We are so glad you found our staff to be "excellent" as we strive to provide outstanding service each day to every guest. Again, thank you for your feedback and kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Herndon!

Warm Regards,
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I travel to Virginia once or twice each year to visit my son (outstanding young man). I've stayed at other hotels, but this was by far the friendliest (Oct 9 through Oct 15, 2013). There was always someone at the front desk, and the breakfast was very good. I used the workout room every day, and actually met the new General Manager (on his first), his boss and his bosses boss. They were friendly, with a great sense of humor, and listened to anything I had to stay. The workout room was clean and well stocked. My room was clean and cleaning crew was outstanding. I don't know who did my room (209), but she was excellent. I also had outstanding dealings with the gal in the breakfast room. She just smiled when I accidentally dropped a large fork on the floor, and assured me it was ok. The front desk was also friendly. They would greet you every time and would answer any question I asked. I actually spilled a cup of coffee on the counter and it didn't create a panic. When I attempted to clean it up, the young lady told me she could handle it, and she had a smile on her face. By the way, I don't remember any names, except Brittany (I think). But, there were three other young ladies that always had a smile on their face (one claimed to 43). She, her boss and I all had a spirited conversation about our ages. One other person that really went out of her way at the front desk, and was there almost every day I visited. I can't remember her name either. We always talked about the phone in my room. Kudos to the folks I had the pleasure of dealing with, a fine job was done by everyone I encountered. By the way, I'm the customer who asked the big boss about his tie on a Saturday... Thanks everyone, I look forward to seeing you again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
I can not tell you how thrilled we are to know what a wonderful stay you had with us! We pride ourselves in delivering outstanding customer service and exceeding the expectations of each of our guests, and I am so glad we were able to do that for you during your stay.I appreciate you mentioning the staff as they work very hard to ensure each guest leaves happy and wanting to return. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area!

Warm regards,
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I had a great stay at this hotel. We paid $59 per night on the for a room with free parking. It was a short drive to the DC. The neighborhood was quiet, safe and there were a lot of good restaurants nearby. The room was a decent size and clean. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The breakfast was free and available from 6 am to 10 am. It ran the gamut from oatmeal and fresh fruit to fruit loops and cinnamon rolls, hot egg and breakfast meats every day. Fresh pancakes from the pancake machine. The staff was friendly, polite and always available. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marciobokabe
CIHerndon, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at Comfort Inn Dulles Int'l Airport. We appreciate your positive comments and we will share this with our team. We look forward to your return.
Dillwyn, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Booked hotel due to dinning options within walking distance. Hotel staff very pleasant and the internet which is very important nowadays was great. Room was nice and clean. Will book another stay in the future. Breakfast was nothing special.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Chuck S
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with the Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport and taking the time to share your enjoyable experience with us and other travelers. Our location allows for many choices in dining from; quaint Italian restaurants, to branded chain American cuisine and Sports/Billiards all within walking distance of our front door. Our FREE High Speed Wireless & Wired Internet Access along with a wonderful hot buffet breakfast served daily is provided to allow for a “one stop shop.” Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your return.
Gaston, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We choose this hotel because if its location and the park & fly service that they provide. We arrived around 5pm on a Tuesday and checked in - desk staff very efficient and pleasant. The room was clean and comfortable. We saw a sign on the lobby desk that offered free dinner in the breakfast area - it was first come, first served. What a treat! It was a simple meal of salad, pizza and chicken wings - w/beer, wine, or bottled water. We were thrilled that we did not have to go back out to get dinner (after a 4 hour drive from our home). We had a good breakfast in the morning and took the airport shuttle to the Dulles. The shuttle picked us up on our return and once they arrived we were back to the hotel and our car in about 10-15 minutes. All around a great experience. I would recommend this hotel and their park and fly service to others and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank B D
CIHerndon, General Manager at Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We pride ourselves on being convenient and accommodating to all our guests and we are happy that we were able to meet all your expectations. We are happy you felt welcomed and look forward to a future visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Dulles-Gateway
Virginian Suites Arlington
Virginian Suites Arlington
#14 of 49 in Arlington
4.0 of 5 stars 782 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!