“Great place, friendly staff, and comfortable for single traveler.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed June 4, 2009

I came in late on a Thursday night from a late flight and the staff had everything ready for me. I used the shuttle service and had no issues at all they right on time! The rooms were very comfortable, and spacious. It is always nice having the suite with the second room for the added space. The staff was extremely friendly, I was waiting for a friend to pick me up the next day and I was asked a few times if there was anything they could get me or if I needed a shuttle – most of the time the staff ignores you, not here they were great! The swans are a great touch – George and Martha, very different a neat idea. I will definitely stay again when I come back into town.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank MTekPlanner

Reviewed May 30, 2009

This Embassy Suites is an example of a somewhat older, slightly dated hotel that is very well maintained and managed. The guest rooms are 2 room suites, and spacious. Very clean. Beds and pillows are comfortable. Common spaces are very clean. Free breakfast (cooked to order). Free cocktail hour. Free airport shuttle. Free business center. Two huge, really cool live swans (George and Martha, of course - this is DC) live in the lobby fountains. Friendly staff. All in all, a very nice hotel located only a mile or so from Dulles airport, though I've NEVER heard a plane while staying here. Recommended.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2009

This hotel is cookie-cutter Empress Suites, designed for business travellers - free happy hour, excellent breakfast. Accommodation is reasonable, but the price seemed a bit high to me given the level of service and quality of the furnishings, etc. It's located in the middle of suburban business park hell close to Dulles Airport so I would not recommend unless you have business in that area or are looking for a hotel close to the airport. Getting to/from DC would not at all be convenient.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2008

My flight back home was canceled, so I ended up in this hotel near Dulles Airport. Since Aer Lingus payed for my two nights here, including lunch and dinner, I don't know what a room costs here. But my general mood (which wasn't too great as you can imagine) was greatly improved by this hotel.

I loved the staff, the complimentary breakfast is very good, the rooms are nice and spacious. They provide a shuttle bus to the airport.

I usually don't stay in hotels near airports, but if I ever have to suffer a canceled flight at Dulles again, I hope I end up here. Truly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2008
2  Thank prasenberg
Reviewed September 16, 2008

The staff rose above my expectations which were already pretty high. I've stayed at several Embassy Suites and like them because of all the extras you get at a similar price to other hotels. You always get a suite, breakfast and cocktails all at the same price. And their service has always been very friendly. How could you go wrong? Well this stay was even better than normal. All of the staff were exceptional and deserve particular attention.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank freeman1
Reviewed September 2, 2008

I have just returned from a three night stay at Embassy
Suites Dulles Airport.

The suites are spacious, with fridge, microwave, hair dryer
etc. And they are very clean. The mattresses were extremely
comfortable.

Ths pool & hot tub were open each night till 10 pm.
A lifeguard was on duty!

the Breakfast was awesome, in addition to the omelet were
sausage, hash browns, bacon. It also featured 4 kinds
of juice, cereal, bread & pastry items. Fresh fruit included
pineapple & melons. The staff was very helpful and efficient.

My son loved Martha & George-the resident swans!

Our family booked a total of 6 suites and all were very
satisfied with this hotel!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank lynn509
Reviewed August 25, 2008

Got stuck at the Airport when I missed a flight and was sent to the Embassy Suites. Everyone was great and they got me a meal even after closing time. Took shuttle back to airport for free and was on my way. Everyone was really nice.

• Stayed: August 2008