“The best ever!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed July 13, 2014

The rooms were clean and spacious - two separate areas for the adults and the kids. The interior hallways were visible from all spots, so we could see our children walking around the halls. That made it feel safe to give them a bit more freedom.
Breakfast was delicious and the lady making omelets was efficient and pleasant. The waitstaff were also pleasant and prompt in picking up dirty plates, one gentleman that was at breakfast yesterday morning, served room service last night and was here again this morning did a wonderful job [I could not see his name tag, but he was tall, maybe in his early fifties]. Pilar also did a good job this morning with cleaning the table as we finished with a plate.
Best of all was Mr. Charles at the swimming pool. He was great with the kids and informed them of the safety rules and was consistent and fair when the rules were broken and he followed through. It was wonderful to have a lifeguard on duty even though we still stayed with our children while they were swimming. We say Mr. Charles at Breakfast and he remembered the kids names and he also was talking with other people who had been at the pool the day before. It felt like he really cared. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor. We could not hear any noise above us or from the common areas on the m...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

I would personally like to "Thank you" for the amazing feedback and awesome 5-Star review!!! I am glad to hear that you truly enjoyed the spacious two bedroom suites that we have to offer. The hotel is layed out very open which does make it safe for childer and female travelers. It was nice to hear that you commented on 3 of our fabulous employee's! I am excited to mention to them tha they made your stay a great one! Our hotel is very service focused and is all about what our guest need to make their stay even more enjoyable. Please let me know when you plan to make your next trip to Dulles and I will roll out the red carpet for the family!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Wonderful Hotel, great staff, great food and beautiful Swans in the lobby. I picked this hotel since I was stranded and always pick a Hilton Brand. Had Chicken Parm dinner and it was excellent. Great made to order breakfast and very comfortable bed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Nancy N

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your great feedback and amazing 5 Star Review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Glad to know that you enjoyed the breakfast and Chicken Parm as it is a best seller. Also, thank you for the nice feedback on our Royal Swans- George and Martha as they are the beautiful royal swans for our hotel!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I would not recommend this hotel they can not seem to do more then one transaction the food is horrible which is not a buffet style had to wait in line for twenty minutes just to receive scramble eggs and bacon the house keeping staff manager Emilia is so rude and disrespectful that she needs to be retrained in ethics and common courtesy and Claudia the front desk attendant hasnt have a clue of what she is doing held 165 dollars for incidentals when it was supposed to be 50 wow will not recommend u get better service from super 8

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank James P

Dear Valued Guest:

I appreciate your constructive feedback. I would like to apologize for the issue's which came up during your stay. I have communicated your concerns with our Management team. I understand that you were fully compensated for your entire stay as well dinner for two. I have tried reaching out to you via phone and email. If you are still intersted in discussing your past stay, feel free to reach out to me at 703-464-4430. Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We found this hotel to be a great place to stay in Northern Virginia. Accommodations were great and the staff was very helpful and friendly. Definitely a place I would stay again when in Northern Virginia.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Owen G
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

I would personally like to "Thank you" for the great feeback and awesome 5 Star review! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotels amenities! We hope to see you back soon!

Once again, thank you for the amazing review and rating!

Luis Kuglistch

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Two beautiful Swans are kept in small water trap in middle of dining area for guest to watch, being tormented by children, no room to move around, lighting is on 24/7 365.......horrible existence for these animals.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Russ M

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate your feedback! Our Royal Swans have been an icon at our -Embassy Suites for many years now. They are a point of distinction for our hotel! They are very well maintained as far food, care and monthly check ups with our local vet. Our Royal Swans by no means are mistreated and are taken care of better than being out doors in the wild. We completely understand and respect others opinions on having swans, however they are loved by our regulars as well as our team members!

We hope that you will reconsider us having swans as they are a nice touch for everyone!

Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I stay at the Embassy Suites 6 times a year on business, when returning from our overseas trips, Elsa has been outstanding in assisting us with early check-in normally 0830. After flying for 40 hours its nice to be able to go straight to your room relax, and freshen up prior to our meetings. Folks at the reception, Managers reception and breakfast as always have been outstanding. We have been staying at this hotel for over 10 years, every stay has been outstanding, even with the hotel full of scouts and they set off the fire alarm. We look forward to our next visit early August.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank William s

Dear Valued Guest:

I would personally like to "Thank you" for your great review and awesome feedback! I appreciate the fact that you noted that Elsa our Front Office Manager has taken care of your early check in needs! Also, we are happy to know that you enjoy both complimentary breakfast and evening reception that the hotel has to offer!

We look forward to your next visit in July!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Arrived well after check-in time, but desk clerk had trouble locating a clean room to fulfill our reservation. When got up to the room she had given us, it was one bed instead of the two queen room we had reserved. Because we didn't want to listen to the clerk and housekeeping yell at each other over their radios anymore, we decided to make due, which was okay with us, but definitely a sign that the service could be more attentive. The decor was dated, and the room needed some more detailed cleaning than it had received in the past few months (e.g. visible dust balls on the HVAC intake vent that is waist high as you go into the bedroom). We needed to use the sofa bed but found that there was no blanket or pillows for it anywhere in the room. After calling the desk to get some, we received a package that turned out to have only a mattress pad, no blanket, no pillows. I marked this stay as average because the breakfast (and the service there) was excellent. I definitely enjoyed my made-to-order omelet.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank FamilyBudgetTravel

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to "Thank you" for the constructive feedback as I noticed we did not fully execute a great stay for you as you mentioned your stay was average. I am apologetic for this as we prefer all of our guest stays to be excellent! I apologize for the miscommunication between housekeeing and our front desk. I will make sure to share your feedback with both departments as we have plenty of opportunity to do a better job. I would also like to express my concern and to apologize for the lack of follow up with your certain requests.

I am happy to hear that on a postive note that you truly enjoyed the breakfast as well as the service of the hotel!

We look forward to having stay with us again!