New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
United States
“Loved the breakfast buffet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The staff was very friendly. We stayed in 2 adjoining rooms of which the knob was broken on one of the adjoining doors and the microwave also didn't function in one of the rooms, but we didn't really mind. Overall, the beds were comfy, spacious rooms and the breakfast and swans were worth the trip!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Guest:

I would like to "Thank you" for your feedback on your recent stay with us! I am glad to hear that you really enjoyed our services along with the cooked to order breakfast! I would personally like to apologize to you for the broken lock with the adjoining door as well as with the microwave. If you would be so kind to send me an email to luis.kuglitsch@hilton.com with your suite number and date to look into this. Once again, please accept my apology on behalf of the hotel for the minor issues. I am happy to hear that the remainder of your stay was great! We do hope to see you again in the upcoming months.

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Buffalo, NY, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I've stayed at the Dulles Embassy Suites on several occasions and it is always a great experience. The property is well-maintained, and the staff is always accommodating. Nice size rooms with updated furnishings. Complimentary breakfast is cooked to order and delicious! George and Martha, the resident swans are a nice touch as well.

Dear Loyal Guest:

We are truly excited to see your amazing review! It's very nice to see you stay with us so often on a consecutive basis! Thank you for the nice feedback on the spacious and well maintained facility that we run. We take alot of pride in our hotel and always want for our guests to feel right at home! I am gald to hear that you enjoy the breakfast as well as it is one of the biggest attributes that Embassy has! We hope to see you back soon!

State College, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This location exceeded my already high expectations for Embassy Suites. If you are going to be in DC area I highly recommend this hotel. I have stayed at the other DC area Embassy Suites, all are good, but this location is EXCEPTIONAL.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Lisa C
Dear Guest:

I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that you think our hotel is EXCEPTIONAL!!! We hope to be your home away from home when you are in the DC/Dulles Corridor area!!! Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you back soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

I'm not the kind of people that writes reviews but i was definitely surprised by the great service they have at this particular hotel so i have to recommend it.
From the moment i checked in, the staff was very friendly and super polite. They helped me with my luggage and made sure my room was as i requested.
Breakfast was delicious and the buffet had a variety of foods. i was very satisfied with breakfast.
If i ever have to come back to this area i will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review for our hotel and associates! I am happy to hear that my team went above and beyond to make you feel right at home! I am glad that you had an AWESOME TIME with us!!! We hope to see you again in the upcoing months!

Huntsville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great location right off Centerville Road. Great place to stay with access to all major roads. Close enough to Chantilly for business trips. Use Centerville Road instead of 28 to avoid traffic. Modern room decor. Appreciated the large amount of counter space around the sink. Be sure and check out the swans, George and Martha, in the atrium area.

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feedback! It's always nice to see some great comments from our guests who really enjoy their stay. I am happy to hear that George/Martha made your stay even memorable! We are in a prime location to Chantilly and we hope to see you again during your next trip to the Dulles Corridor.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We regularly stay at Embassy Suite hotels for the space and included amenities such as full breakfast and happy hour. This particular hotel is notable for its extra friendly and helpful staff. Six months ago, I stayed here on a business trip for 2 weeks. I was surprised that when I returned this past week, many of the staff members remembered me and greeted me like a returning friend, beginning with Joachim at the front desk who checked me in. Paola at the bar is always very welcoming and Romiro consistently goes out of his way to help me at breakfast.

The only thing that I don't personally love about this hotel is the décor in the rooms, and that is nothing that the employees can control. It is too dark with charcoal/burgundy patterned carpet and has what appears to be an odd mixture of Asian and Middle Eastern - influenced furniture and wallpaper.

• 3 of 5 stars
Dear Loyal Guest:

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback! We are happy to see you come back to the Embassy Suites Dulles after a long 6 months! I am very happy to hear that my team remembered you as a returning guest and I really appreciate the kind words! I will share your amazing feedback with the entire team and will make sure to commend our employees for their good service provided. I am sorry to hear that you did not really enjoy the decor along with the darker suites. This was a new look that our design team picked out for the hotel. We do hope to see you again within the next few months.

Thank you so much for your great feedback!!!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I picked the hotel because of the proximity to my conference and for my Hilton Honors points. I was pleasantly surprised by the amazing friendliness and attentiveness of the staff. The internet is convenient and easy to log on to, the rooms are very comfortable, happy hour provides free drinks at the bar and great deals off the menu, breakfast with cook to order eggs and other hot and cold options makes this the place to stay if you need a hotel close to the airport. I don't normally write reviews but this hotels great service and attentiveness needs to be shared. Plus if you like Royal Swans you will find a very cool surprise here.

Dear Guest,

We are very happy to see that you gave us such an amazing review! I would personally like to "Thank you" for providing us this amazing review as you mentioned that you normally do not provide them. I understand that you were here for a conference and that your Hhonor's points are important to you. My team and I truly value your business and work very hard to keep our Hilton Honor's guests extremely comfortable. We hope to see you again in the upcoming months!