WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Baltimore, Maryland
“a great business travel hotel in N. VA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is a great place to stay. The rates are reasonable for a suite room. The personnel is outstanding, pleasant and helpful across the board. The GM, Luis, is proud of his place and does not hide off in a back office somewhere, he is ever-present and accommodating to the point that you will feel personally welcomed to stay here. A rarity in chain hotels these days.

The rooms are clean and the beds and linen comfortable. The desk is a nice touch and quite practical for evening work or comfortable in-room dining. If you are looking for a seaside vacation getaway then don't stay here. The view from the higher (5th/6th) floors is ok, but from the lower floors you will see parking lots and office buildings. That is the primary reason to stay here. It is a great location in the heart of Herndon/Reston/Dulles and very conveniently located for the business traveler to this area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear valued guest:

I would like to personally "THANK YOU" for the amazing recommendation as well as feedback! I am glad to hear that our team was able to provide you the best service possible along with a clean comfortable stay! Here at Embassy Suites Dulles we truly value our guests! We hope to see again soon!

Once again, thank you for your kind words and for choosing Embassy Suites as your Home Away From Home!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stayed here last week and was again pleasantly surprised. The recently renovated rooms are so clean and comfortable it's a great place to come 'home' to after working on the road. The customer service from the staff - from the front desk to the woman who makes the breakfast omeletes to the two gentlemen who help out at breakfast (making sure you have fresh, hot coffee) all all really great. With happy hour and breakfasts included it's an especially great value for the money. I plan to continue to stay here when my trips bring me this way again - which is usually monthly! (after recent hip surgery the mattress was a tad hard but I wouldn't say it's a deal breaker - nor is the somewhat inconsistent housekeeping service re number of daily towels, etc.)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Ms. Barbara,

We greatly appreciate your great recommendations of our hotel! I'm extremely happy to hear that our Front desk as well as the Restaurant staff serviced you so well. I will definitely make sure to commend the staff that you mentioned made a difference. I'm sorry that you find our beds a bit hard, perhaps we can try another suite during your next visit. I also appreciate your constructive feedback on the inconsistent housekeeping service as I have already brought this up to our housekeeping Manager.

We hope to see you again next month! Please let us know when you plan to come back so we can "Thank you" for the great feedback!

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Good stay, and room was good minus the urine stain and pubic hair on the toilet rim. Easy enough to clean off, just did not like the fact that I was the one to find it. I will stay at other Embassy Suites and perhaps even this one again. Other than the less that perfect cleaning the room and stay were pretty good.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear valued guest:

I would personally like to apologize for the cleanliness of your suite as this is not how our suites cleaned. I am very apologetic for this issue as we take this very seriously and will make sure it does not reoccur. We thank you for the honest review and would like to make your stay with us right. I can be reached at 703-464-4430 to further discuss this issue with your guest suite.

Once again, thank you for honest feedback.

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I are in the Foreign Service, and the Embassy Suites Dulles Airport has become our preferred hotel when we fly in from abroad and before we fly out to go back overseas. Our choice was further solidified the last time we stayed at the hotel in early 2014. The staff allowed us to check out a bit late (3 pm), which was perfect because we had a 6 pm flight. This allowed us to get additional rest before starting our 26-hour journey back to Africa. The hotel also shuttled us to the nearby Chuck E. Cheese’s on the morning of the 4th so that our 3 small kids could have a bit more fun and burn off some excess energy before the flight.

Our highest praise goes to the gentleman who oversees the pool (I didn’t catch his name). That night/day we were practically the only guests in the hotel, and he was exceptionally attentive to our children. Our kids even hugged him before they left, which is a nice compliment to his high level of customer service.

In conclusion, we’ll return again and again to the Embassy Suites Dulles Airport due in large part to how well we’re treated at the hotel.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear loyal guest:

We greatly appreciate your phenomenal feedback! I am excited to share your amazing experience with our entire team! It's always nice to hear when a guest like yourself has a great experience with the entire hotel staff as well as with the amenities that come along with Embassy Suites!

Please let me know when you are back to the Dulles Corridor and I will make sure that our team rolls the red carpet out for you. Once again, thank you for your feedback!

Herndon, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed here New Years Eve. First the pool was closed and would not be opened during my stay. A glass of milk was left in my refrigerator. No soap in the room, one glass and the lid on the toilet did not, fit it was from a different make and size. Twenty five years I spent in the Hospitality business and this is not what I expected from Embassy Suites. P.S. no hair dryer either!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued guest:

We greatly appreciate your honest feedback! I am very disappointed to hear that we failed to make your stay, especially New Year's Eve special. This is very unlikely of our hotel and I personally would like to apologize to you for the lack of attention to your suite. I will make sure to share your feedback with my housekeeping team.

I would like to make things right with you as I know you are a valued guest to us and our Embassy Suites is your Home Away From Home! I can be reached at 703-464-4430.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel is top shelf in terms of quality, location, and overall experience. We enjoyed the two geese in the atrium/lobby fountain as well as the overall experience. I would stay here again. It was among the nicest facilities in this price range that I have experienced.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear valued guest:

I would personally like to "THANK YOU" for the amazing feedback! I am happy to hear that we were able to make your stay so great! Our Royal Swans George and Martha are quite a nice Point of Distinction for our hotel and it’s nice to hear that you enjoyed their company.

We hope to have you stay with us again soon! Once again, thank you for the recommendation and the great feedback.

Healdsburg, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights due to inclement weather. The suites are very clean and nice; the staff were all very helpful and very friendly. They have a happy hour each evening with includes cheese, crackers, nibble and free domestic drinks. A hot breakfast is complimentary each day. Lovely indoor heated pool and hot tub.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear guest,

WE LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! We are happy to hear that we were able to make your stay a great one. I am glad that you enjoyed both Complimentary breakfast and our Evening Manager's reception during your visit!

We hope to see you again soon! Thank you for staying at our Embassy Suites Dulles!!!