“Upkeep needed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Herndon, Virginia
“Upkeep needed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I stayed here New Years Eve. First the pool was closed and would not be opened during my stay. A glass of milk was left in my refrigerator. No soap in the room, one glass and the lid on the toilet did not, fit it was from a different make and size. Twenty five years I spent in the Hospitality business and this is not what I expected from Embassy Suites. P.S. no hair dryer either!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Valued guest:

We greatly appreciate your honest feedback! I am very disappointed to hear that we failed to make your stay, especially New Year's Eve special. This is very unlikely of our hotel and I personally would like to apologize to you for the lack of attention to your suite. I will make sure to share your feedback with my housekeeping team.

I would like to make things right with you as I know you are a valued guest to us and our Embassy Suites is your Home Away From Home! I can be reached at 703-464-4430.

Yours truly,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel is top shelf in terms of quality, location, and overall experience. We enjoyed the two geese in the atrium/lobby fountain as well as the overall experience. I would stay here again. It was among the nicest facilities in this price range that I have experienced.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear valued guest:

I would personally like to "THANK YOU" for the amazing feedback! I am happy to hear that we were able to make your stay so great! Our Royal Swans George and Martha are quite a nice Point of Distinction for our hotel and it’s nice to hear that you enjoyed their company.

We hope to have you stay with us again soon! Once again, thank you for the recommendation and the great feedback.

Healdsburg, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights due to inclement weather. The suites are very clean and nice; the staff were all very helpful and very friendly. They have a happy hour each evening with includes cheese, crackers, nibble and free domestic drinks. A hot breakfast is complimentary each day. Lovely indoor heated pool and hot tub.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear guest,

WE LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! We are happy to hear that we were able to make your stay a great one. I am glad that you enjoyed both Complimentary breakfast and our Evening Manager's reception during your visit!

We hope to see you again soon! Thank you for staying at our Embassy Suites Dulles!!!

Tucson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed here one night on business travel. The room was laid out like a typical Embassy Suites, (2 rooms) with all the standard amenities. My room felt dark and it looked like it was updated a few years ago. There was no alarm clock at my bedside, not a huge deal for me because I use my phone as an alarm. Their business center is pretty bleak. There was only one printer cable and you had to swap the USB cord to the printer that you were using. This hotel is just fine for short stays, breakfast was very good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

We really appreciate your honest feedback regarding your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that we fell short on a few items during your stay. The suites were all renovated in the beginning quarter of 2013. I'm sorry to hear that the suite had a dark look to it, however that is most likely due to the darker colors that our in room furniture has. During your next visit, I would love to provide you an upgrade to one of our Bigger corner suites on a higher floor which will allow additional sunlight into your suite.

We will look into our business center for additional opportunities to make a more enjoyable experience for our guest to use.

Once again, we greatly appreciate your feedback and hope that you will return! When you happen to visit the Dulles Corridor, please reach out to me at 703-464-4430 and I will make sure to roll out the red carpet for you.

Powell, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

The hotel was perfect, the staff were great, the service and amenities were superb, BUT, the hotel airport shuttle drivers seemed to be on their own schedule, both for my arrival and departure the following morning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear valued guest:

I would first off like to "Thank you" for choosing our Embassy Suites for your lodging! I am very apologetic for the driver issue as this is not normal for our hotel which I will make sure to follow up with our drivers. I uderstand that you have plenty of choices to pick from when finding a hotel as well as reliable transportation to and from the airport. I would love the opportunity to discuss this issue with you. I can be reached at 703-464-4430.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and for choosing our Embassy Suites Dulles!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

I stayed here for two nights with my wife for a quick get a way. We were greeted by friendly staff upon arrival. The location is convenient and they treat you to a hot breakfast and a happy hour. Overall we were treated very well during our short stay. I definitely recommend staying here if you are looking for a hotel in the area. I would also like to say that one of the managers in particular named Elsa was very helpful in assisting us with our various request. It really is the staff that makes a difference at the hotel. Now a days it gets harder and harder to find people who actually care about their jobs. So if it is service you want at a great value stay at this Embassy Suites.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TRAVEL H
lkuglitsch, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear valued guest,

I would personally like to "Thank you" for the amazing feedback and kinds words towards one of our Managers! I am extremely honored to hear that Elsa made you and your wife's stay so memorable and will make sure to commend her on this! I am happy to hear that your enjoyed one of our newly renovated suites along with a hot fully cooked to order breakfast and with our evening reception.

We hope to see you and your wife again during your next getaway from home! We also have some great packages that you may want to look into such as our Romance package!