“Best hotel experience in DC area!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Class act for hospitality, comfort, and cleanliness. Everyone who works there are very friendly, helpful, and go out of their way to make your stay wonderful. This is the best hotel I have stayed at in the DC area. And is the best Embassy Suites I have stayed in through my travels in the US.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Matthew B
Lelagegia, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We greatly appreciate it. We will share your comments with our wonderful associates, who are here to help provide you with a memorable stay.

We hope to welcome you back to the property very soon!

Kind regards,
Lela Gegia

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My experience was negative enough for the first time - I left a hotel earlier than planned.

We arrived but they didn't mention my status. In fact when my partner showed up the front desk agent looked puzzled that we were sharing a bed.

It's 2013. Get over it.

Next we arrived to the room. It was clean. Until we got in the bathroom.

Lets talk preventive maintanence. Shower rod, missing screws and falling down. Cracked sink? Yup, just cleaned but completly cracked. How about the toilet seat-- yeah it's clean, but it wasn't attached on one side.

Went down to the front desk, they were in different and at best seemed like this was normal.

I also ordered food items to be delivered on my arrival. Never showed up. Front desk asked me to forward them a copy of the email.

Breakfast was basic and not warm and inviting like other Embassy's I've stated at.

Finally - the atrium and cleanliness. For gods sakes, dishes were out all night, on the floor next to rooms -- also a pile of cobwebs right above your door - not inviting.

I'm a HHonors Gold member, I stay in only Hilton hotels. This one absolutely is one I will not recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012
elsa j, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at the Embassy Suites Dulles Airport.

Your feedback will help us improve. We are sorry to learn that our service delivery fell below our usual standard during your visit. Please accept my sincere apology. We will continue to work hard to earn your business and to regain your trust. We know that you have many hotel options in the local area and we will never take your business for granted. You are very important to us.

Kindly let me know if I can assist with anything before or during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I spend quite a bit of time in the DC area and have yet to find a moderately priced hotel that equals the Embassy Suites Dulles. Staff is excellent, rooms are clean, great location. This hotel is my first choice when visiting the area.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate it.

You are very important to us. Our goal is to make the Embassy Suites Dulles your "home away from home" whenever you are in the area.

Very Respectfully,

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The service neither speaks nor comprehends English well here. This is not just me. Another guest at the front desk had to ask the service to repeat themselves a couple of times. They will come into your room without knocking. The "official reason" why the hotel personnel came into my room was invalid. I should have gotten free internet, only because I have Hilton Honors, but they had no record of that, and could not understand when I tried giving them my HH number. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but after the first night, I felt it was better to leave, and let some other poor sucker stay there instead. Good luck, I am very sure it would be unlikely you would have a similar experience, but if you did, it's good information to see that someone else did as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We booked 7 weeks in advance arrived at 315 pm our room was not ready . The desk staff totally ignored us talked amongst themselves and after 10 mins of looking at them we had to ask is there a problem . We don't have a double queen room yet give us 30 mins they say . Or ha ha you could share a king room (their comment)excuse me I booked double queens ! If I wanted a king I would have asked for one . They thought it was funny .........I don't want to sleep in the same bed as my best friend thank you and by the way it isn't a joke to us ! They were so immature and rude.
Then we sat down and 55 plus mins later our room was ready we did get an apology kind of . My resolution would have been 20% off your bill and as a Hilton card holder free water, snacks and a fruit tray our treatment was unacceptable . Beware check in is 3 pm but it isn't on the staffs clock . Shame
The rest of the stay was fine the rooms have been renovated . One comment who thought a coffee table in white satin shaped like a child's COFFIN was a great design NOT . Bring back the solid wood tables .We were speechless at how utterly in pracTABLE . We thought it was crazy . The towel rail is now over the bath end area fine but then towels are also placed on the back of the toilet cystine that is unhygienic and gross . No bottles of water in the rooms any more shame . Room service good but expensive . Breakfast poorly stocked no coffee by 830 nobody restocking fast enough, bagels old . For a place to sleep comfortable and clean.The staff need to be educated at the front desk . I completed a survey for the hotel and told them all this and they thanked me for my 10/10 report which I didn't give them ? Take charge please ! And hear us ! A fair price and good location .

Room Tip: Call ahead to confirm they have a room ready . They are sooooo slow in housekeeping ,trays don't...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank luvmoo

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We've stayed at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport a number of times and have always had a wonderful experience. We always take advantage of the evening happy hour. Staff is always pleasant and accommodating. Drinks and hors d'oeuvres are a plentiful and tasty. Our smoking room on the fifth floor was very clean and pleasant smelling. No hint of the previous smokers who must have stayed there.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lelagegia, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Thank you so very much for taking the time to let us know you enjoy staying at our hotel. We are grateful for your loyalty and continued patronage. I will be sure to share your comments with Bar the rest of our team.

Thanks again and have a great rest of the week!

Regards,
Lela Gegia

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Arrived to my room at 5 pm to find dishes from the morning still in the hallway next to my room. The room was dark due to the low watt light bulbs. The staff was nice and the breakfast good. But not having any warm water in the morning was not acceptable. Upon checkout, the manager said the boiler was down. Correct a few things and I'd consider this hotel again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business