“Not up to the usual standard”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Arrived after a long flight from Europe I had 15 minute wait for the shuttle which is about the norm. Only one member of staff on the front desk so was checked in by the shuttle driver.
No recognition or points for Hilton honours gold status as I had booked through a third party web site( Amex) . Not consistent as it was recognised last Easter in Orlando at the ES lake Buena Vista .

Arrived in the suite and found no TV in the lounge area of the room . One did arrive after 4 hours after raising the issue on three occasions. Only two towels in a suite that can accommodate 5! Did ask for more but they failed to appear. There were three of us in the room.

I then went for a soak in the hot tub, but that was not working.

Evening reception was fine with staff attentive and helpful. The restaurant staff were also very welcoming. No condiments on any of the tables in the evening or morning. ES usually has Tabasco, salt, pepper and ketchup on the tables, not this one. You have to ask. Also no bakery items in the morning .

I did get a late checkout and used the shuttle to the Udvar Hazy museum which was welcome. All the staff were very friendly and helpful but it was the attention to detail that was missing. I also don't see the need to have two beautiful swans confined to a small atrium . They did not appear distressed but I feel it did not enhance my visit. It's not necessary in my opinion.

The next time I am arriving at Dulles I am afraid I will choose another hotel, sorry.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Jeffrey O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at the Embassy Suites Dulles Airport.

Your feedback will help us improve. We are sorry to learn that our service delivery fell below our usual standard during your visit. Please accept my sincere apology. We will continue to work hard to earn your business and to regain your trust. We know that you have many hotel options in the local area and we will never take your business for granted. You are very important to us.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel was very nice, quiet, clean rooms. I was staying for a conference and brought my laptop as in the evening hours that is how the conference members communicate. The hotel charges $10 per day to use internet in your room! Ridiculous when you're spending $140+ per night.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your feedback. We thank you for rating our property "four stars." Our goal is to earn the fifth star during your next visit! We value your business and we will work hard to earn it. We completely understand your point about the charge for internet service.

You are very important to us. Our goal is to make the Embassy Suites Dulles your "home away from home" whenever you are in the area.

Kindly let me know if I can assist with anything before or during your next visit to the area. Again, thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My stay at this Embassy Suites Hotel was very enjoyable. Although the Fitness Center did not have an exercycle (a personal preference) I did use the available equipment which was fully operational and clean. The complimentary breakfast was prepared to order and was delicious. The room accomodations were well layed out and comfortable. I recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your feedback. You are very kind! We are thrilled to know that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I only stayed for one night, but would definitely go back again. The room was clean and comfortable, and the lobby was amazing. I really enjoyed seeing the swans.

The only negative was the food for the manager's reception. Only pretzels, cheese and carrots.

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay. I am delighted to know that your stay was comfortable.

Have a great week!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel was sufficient and the people were great and helpful, but the facilities are really run down and in need of an update to bring it up to the Embassy Suites standard. Location wise it is perfect for getting to and from Dulles, plenty of good restaurants around the area, in particular Thai food, yum.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad to know that you liked our property overall. Please note that the property has recently been renovated. It is the nicest property in the local area! We ask that you come back and visit again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great value near Washington Dulles airport. Only complaint is the elevators shake while you are riding, a bit unnerving when you are stopping in the 5th floor. Like other Embassy Suites, the cooked to order breakfast meets the mark but I will admit mild surprise at the lesser quality at the Manager's Reception, nothing to write home about.

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your feedback. You are very kind! We are pleased to know that you liked our property.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am writing this review from the hotel lobby... Last night the a/c broke down. They never called to let the guest know. We figure it out because we were sweating inside the room. The brought us 2 fans. I assume this a/c is been broken for a while because they were prepared to bring us the fans.
This morning we got an Internet bill (already applied to the credit card). We had our devices "on" but we were not supposed to be charged due to the Hilton honor membership. Anyways they charged us and when I called they just said " yes, we know". What is that? If you know, why do you keep charging people! I guess this people charge you expecting you not to complain. To my surprise they also charged my in-laws and THEY DON'T HAVE A COMPUTER WITH THEM!
BE AWARE! They will charge everybody and if you don't check your bill, they will keep the money!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MaruStaab
Jeffrey O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you so much for your feedback. Please accept my apology for the issues that you cited about your stay. Here at the Embassy Suites Dulles, we take pride in the high level of service that we provide to our guests and the cleanliness of our property. I am disappointed to learn that we fell short of your expectations.

We will follow up as required to make sure that corrective action is taken.

Kindly let me know if I can assist with anything before or during your next visit.

Have a great week.