“Great hotel near Dulles Airport” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
STOP CLICKING AROUND
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
“Great hotel near Dulles Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Beautiful facility, easy access to airport, located next to shopping center with many food choices. What negative can you say about a hotel that has swans swimming in the indoor pond? Friendly, helpful staff. Great value for the money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Jeffrey O, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport. We pride ourselves on delivering great customer service and are appreciative when it is recognized.

Hope you have the chance to visit us again soon

Have a great week!

Jeffrey
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I work for a software firm in Reston, VA and have to travel to DC on a regular basis. I have stayed at this hotel at least twice a month for the past year, and it has been great. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are large and clean, and the breakfast and evening reception are a great way to start/end your day.

The hotel is right off the Dulles toll road, so it only takes 5 minutes from the Dulles airport, and it is a straight shot into Tysons, Arlington, or DC.

The few times I have had a problem, the management has taken a personal interest in it and it has been resolved quickly. I would highly recommend it for road warriors or families.

• 5 of 5 stars
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Craig P: We know you have a lot of hotels to choose from when you travel and want to thank you for choosing us to be your hotel of choice when you come to the Dulles/Herndon/Reston, VA area and Embassy Suites Dulles Airport.

Thanks for the positive comments and we look forward to seeing you back on your next trip.

Thanks again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have been to this property 3 out of 4 weeks each month for the past year. The staff are so kind and make you feel at home. They are very nice people and go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and stress free. From the front desk to the bar to the cooks and wait staff. They take pride in their property and care for you. They set the bar i now measure hotels at when i travel to other cities. Well done! My only place to stay in the Herndon Dulles area!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thanks for the great comments regarding your recent stay at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport.

We are very serious about delivering great hospitality and are glad you noticed.

Hope to see you back with us soon.
Berryville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Breakfast cooked to order as you would expect/ Great IPA beer on draft. Well trained great staff who was very helpful. I held a meeting and they were on top of it. Food was good. Location off the toll road. The elevators are really, really slow.

• 5 of 5 stars
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Ron M. thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport.

We are glad you enjoyed the free cooked to order breakfast and reception. Glad all went well with your meeting as well. Apologize for the elevator speed, but trust we are working on that.

Our room rates are usually competitive in this market - Northern Virginia.

Hope you have to opportunity to stay with us again soon. We look foward to it.

Thank you.
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Loved this hotel! I was staying here on business. The hotel staff couldn't be more helpful. The lock to my room malfunctioned. The management sent 2 staff members to work on the lock. While it was quite complicated to get the lock fixed, they couldn't have been more gracious. The next day, I began walking out of the hotel and one of the staff offered to take me to the local shopping center and waited for me to make my purchase and drove me back to the hotel.

Breakfast was wonderful and very filling-omelets to order, pastries, and fruit-what's not to like. The manager's reception was super. Food and snacks were great-wonderful guacamole!

I ate my evening meal there for the two nights I stayed. Great chicken nachos-lots of cheese, chicken and great chips-highly recommended. The following night I dined on Chicken Alfredo-again very tasty.

The suite was very comfortable. Wonderful mattress helped me fall asleep very quickly. Lots of room and very pleasant.

The hotel itself was very spacious. I loved watching the swans in the lobby.

When I return to this area on business, I will definitely stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor or higher. The rooms on the upper floors are very quiet.
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dear dufstmom, thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed account of your stay at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport. We appreciate you "Loves this hotel" and recognized the helpfulness of our staff.

We look forward to making your next stay with us equally if not more satisfying.

Thanks again.
Georgetown, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My initial reaction was fairly negative when it took nearly an hour for the hotel shuttle (quaint tradition from the past, hotels providing transportation for their guests---- really apprecitated it) after I called. It's possible the driver was on another call, but I kind of think it didn't get communicated to him quickly. He was there within minutes after my second call.

Check in was smooth and simple. The front desk was cordial and added my honors number to my reservation. I asked for the down bedding to be replaced, which the desk clerk assured would be done soon.

Eventually, replacement pillows (5) were brought. 3 of the 5 were feather pillows. So, I put them out in the hall and kept the two. There was quite a bit of clutter on my floor from room service trays and a sack of trash from a wedding. It was gone by morning, but was there all evening. Kind of think this should have been done more quickly.

Special kudos to the cook in the restaurant. I had not eaten all day due to being in the air and no time between flights. Though the restaurant was officially closed, she fixed a hot lunch for me late in the afternoon. The 1/2 pound burger was cooked to order and everything was hot and well prepared. I'm usually pretty reluctant to eat in hotel restaurants as I don't feel I get what I paid for.

The manager's reception in the afternoon and the morning breakfast offerings were fantastic.

The suite was comfortable and spacious, though not the most up to date and trendy colors of deep browns and grays. No problem there.

All in all, the pluses out weigh the minuses. I'd probably stay here again for business.

And, there are a couple of neat swans in the fountain in the middle of the attrium. Very photogenic and posed for the camera. I think they might be used to that.

Room Tip: Most rooms face into an open atrium of this 5 story property and have an outside window as well.
    • 3 of 5 stars
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear ranger505, thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive and subjective account of your recent stay at Embassy Suites Dulles Airport. Without objective feedback from our guests we cannot hope to improve in an effective manner.

Very happy the positive outweighed the negative and that you concluded you would return to us.

We look forward to it.

Thank you again.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I live minutes from this hotel and usually have my family stay here when they come to visit me. This is your typical Embassy Suites with the great breakfast and Happy Hour/Manager's Reception.

The hotel has a nice touch by having 2 swans located in the little pond area within the atrium so the kids visiting usually have a good time with that.

The location for this hotel is great as long as you aren't expecting to see Washington DC from your hotel room window. You are right off of the toll road which easily brings you to Dulles Airport or if you go East then it takes you towards the beltway and Washington DC. There is a shopping center right across the street within walking distance with a couple of late night bars (Breakers, Ned Devines) and if you need a 24 hour grocery store there is a Harris Teeter about a half mile up the road.

I have never had a problem with the service here and continue to have my family stay here whenever they visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Matt C., we appreciate that you recommend Embassy Suites Dulles Airport to your family and friends who are coming to visit from out of town. Thanks for the 4 Stars and we look forward to seeing more friends and family in the future.