“Nice Hotel - Great Price for the area”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Washington,dc
“Nice Hotel - Great Price for the area”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Hotel is conveniently located and half the price of some of the hotels in the area. Staff was friendly, room was clean and quiet, breakfast included eggs and sausage as well as cold items. I stayed for one night on a business trip and was happy with both the hotel and the service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank brendab2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel is obviously a remodeled older hotel. The family and I stayed after a wedding in the local area. The hotel lobby and room were very clean and well-kept. The breakfast area was a bit close (some might say intimate). The staff seemed to have a bit of difficulty keeping up with the demand, but overall breakfast was very good. No pool at the hotel, which was a bit disappointing, but not a big deal. After check-out, we discovered one of the boys blankets missing. We called back and they found it. We swung by and picked it up the next day, since we were still in the area. Like the title says - Great Service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Needham, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for an extended stay (10 nights, including through Thanksgiving) to help my daughter before and after she had her first child. First of all, the front desk staff is very helpful, showing me a room and signing me up for IHG points after I'd looked and decided to stay here. Although the property is older, with smaller rooms and small bathroom, it is very clean, with a comfortable bed ( essential for me), everything working properly, and very good in-room heat ( it got down in the teens during my stay). Free breakfast was a plus and there were eggs everyday, along with cereal and bagels, pastry, and yogurt. More fruit would have been good. The room rate I received was very good and the stay was an excellent value!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Arrived and was met with extremely friendly staff. All was arranged ahead of time by the hotel. Great amenities throughout our stay and extremely affordable. Breakfast was complimentary and very tasty with all the healthy options we appreciate.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I do not like loud noises; I like peaceful places. To my dismay when I walked into the lobby area of the Express the Christmas music was blaring so loudly that it was more a wall of distortion than discernible notes. Although I arrived at almost 16:00 my room was not quite ready and I was asked to wait. I pleaded with the front desk lady to turn down the music while I waited. She said she could not. So I sat in my car for 30 minutes until my room was ready.

The room, unfortunately, was right across from the elevators and the door was neither light nor sound proof. During my 3 days in the hotel all conversations from the elevators reached clearly to my room, plus bright light stream all around the door.

Wifi worked well. The bed was comfortable. Towels were old and thin. The room was worse for the wear.

I wish the breakfast would use dishes rather than environment killing plastic plates and utensils.

Overall this was a shabby place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy your visit with us. If you would let me know the date of your arrival I will try to find out why your room was not ready when you arrived at 4pm.

I apologize that you found the room to be noisey. I wish we had known that you were not getting a restful night's sleep, so we could have moved you to a room further away from the elevator. Rooms are assigned based upon the room type and rate reserved, but we are always happy to move someone to a quieter room if they are light sleepers.

TripAdvisor recently recognized the Holiday Inn Express Reston/Herndon as a 2013 Certificate of Excellence winner based on our facilities and guest service. I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Patrick Foley
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Always enjoy staying at this hotel. The front desk staff of Remy and Tiffany are outstanding. Vey pleasant, very professional. They greet you with a smile and work to ensure your stay is above satisfactory.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bill M
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We spent one night prior to our Trip to Mexico and another night upon our return, using their park and stay option. We found the hotel to be typical Holiday Inn Express. Room was great, clean with a great bed and strong Wifi. I didn't care for the vanity being in the room, with the separate bath, but besides that, it was fine, the morning breakfast was plentiful and fresh. The decor was soft and comforting. The counter staff was friendly and warm, even with our return arrival at 11:30 pm. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dave L
Travelers also viewed these Herndon hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Residence Inn Herndon Reston
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston? Share your experiences!