I've stayed twice at this property on business trips when I've had an early morning flight. Above average for Holiday Inn Express, the hotel is clean, and the staff are terrific, helping me find a place for a pizza on a Sunday night at 10pm.
The rooms are smaller than average, at least the basic/standard room I booked, but everything fit well and it was cozy. The beds were reasonably comfortable, but were double beds and not Queen sized - a consideration if you're traveling with a family, for me they were fine.
The best part was getting to the airport. It's a short trek up to US 50 from the hotel, and other than having to wait at a number of traffic lights, there was little traffic on a Monday morning.
For those travelers without their own private transportation, the hotel has a free shuttle. The shuttle will also take you to the Udvar-Hazy (Smithsonian) Air and Space museum that's located in the Dulles Annex.
I'll certainly stay at this property again the next time I'm in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon Dulles Airport. Conveniently located 4 miles from the Wiehle Reston East Metro Station and 7 miles from the Dulles International Airport, our Herndon, VA hotel offers free shuttle service to both locations upon request. Enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast everyday of your stay. Other amenities that highlight this hotel are complimentary wireless internet, 24 hour business center and 24 hour fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport Hotel Herndon
- Holiday Inn Herndon
- Herndon Holiday Inn Express