“Nothing but Great things to say about this Holiday Inn”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Plenty of room for the bus number 1.

The room was very spacious number 2.

King sized bed, big screen TV, the Breakfast was great, with peach yogurt! I love it!

Plenty of options around if you want to grab a bite to eat.

The iron was clean and the iron board didn't wabble.

I'll be back if I can!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Super comfortable, affordable place to stay, got room at last minute. Super friendly staff, very clean room, would happily stay here again (and probably will if/when I return to area!). There are plenty of dining options nearby as well. Stayed here one night in August 2013.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay. Staff was professional, very helpful and accommodating. The room was nice and clean and it was an overall quiet atmosphere. We couldn't enjoy the breakfast, because we had to leave too early.
The shuttle driver was very professional and courteous.
We'll be back

Room Tip: Try to book about 2 weeks in advance.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your recent visit. I'm sorry you had to leave too early to take advantage of the breakfast. Our Express Start complimentary deluxe continental breakfast features hot eggs, breakfast meats, a variety of cereals, pastries and fruits, and arguably the best cinnamon roll this world has witnessed. Our staff is also happy to put aside some items for you to take with you if you are leaving before the 6am opening if you let us know the day before. We want to make sure you start the day off on the right foot.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a very average hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was clean. Breakfast is your standard breakfast that you get with any HI Express. Will I stay here again when back in town on business??? That all depends on what the rates at other hotels in the area are at the time. I have found that this is the best value in area the 2 times I have been in Herndon.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments regarding your recent visit. I'm glad you found us to be the best value, not once, but twice. Our staff works hard to provide the friendly and helpful service you mentioned, and we hope to welcome you back whenever you are in the area. Safe travels!

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here to be able to take an early morning cruise to mt Vernon. About 40 min drive to the boat. Clean rooms. Very small bathroom
Good breakfast and quick.
Loved the fact that they offer bicycles - made me wish I had another night to try that out

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed here for one night as I had a connecting flight and this hotel was one of the more inexpensive options for staying close to the airport.
i found the room to be clean but a bit on the small side. the room had a funny smell and the breakfast items were average.
the main advantage of staying here was the complimentary shuttle.
The shopping mall opposite the hotel was not bad, offering a little of everything.
in short, not bad value for the price i paid but I would probably try another hotel next time I have a layover at dulles airport.

Room Tip: rooms to the front of the hotel have better views
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for noting the cleanliness of the rooms, our convenient location, and value. The shuttle van service (provided free of charge 5am-11pm) is certainly an added value, making us the ideal location for guests stopping at Dulles Airport.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your visit with us as much as we would like. Our complimentary breakfast includes hot eggs, sausage or bacon, fresh pancakes, hot cinnamon buns, a selection of cereals, yogurts, fruit, breads and pastries.

I hope you will give us another try the next time your travel plans bring you to this area.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

From the beginning, I was glad that only one of us would be spending the night. The room given to us was what you'd expect to find in Hong Kong or New York, as it was little bigger than a shoebox. Given the price of real estate in those two places, I can understand rooms to be small. But in Northern Virginia? "Fortunately", the A/C unit emitted a foul smell and I asked for and was given another room. The room was bigger, however, it was at the expense of a much smaller bathroom. Aside from the size of the room, there's nothing that was bad about the place. That being said, there's nothing that stands out that would make me recommend this property either.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to the Holiday Inn Express Reston/Herndon. Hotels typically price rooms based on the size and/or amenities provided. I'm glad the front desk was able to move you to a larger room, even if the bathroom was smaller than you are accustomed to. Please let me know when you are in this area again so I can make sure you receive a larger room. My direct email address is Patrick.Foley@bfsaul.com. Your complete satisfaction and continued patronage is very important to me.

Patrick M. Foley, CHA

Travelers also viewed these Herndon hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
#5 of 20 in Herndon
1 mi away
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles
Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston? Share your experiences!