“Absolutely excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Absolutely excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Super comfortable, affordable place to stay, got room at last minute. Super friendly staff, very clean room, would happily stay here again (and probably will if/when I return to area!). There are plenty of dining options nearby as well. Stayed here one night in August 2013.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Arabic first
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay. Staff was professional, very helpful and accommodating. The room was nice and clean and it was an overall quiet atmosphere. We couldn't enjoy the breakfast, because we had to leave too early.
The shuttle driver was very professional and courteous.
We'll be back

Room Tip: Try to book about 2 weeks in advance.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your recent visit. I'm sorry you had to leave too early to take advantage of the breakfast. Our Express Start complimentary deluxe continental breakfast features hot eggs, breakfast meats, a variety of cereals, pastries and fruits, and arguably the best cinnamon roll this world has witnessed. Our staff is also happy to put aside some items for you to take with you if you are leaving before the 6am opening if you let us know the day before. We want to make sure you start the day off on the right foot.

We look forward to your next visit.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a very average hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was clean. Breakfast is your standard breakfast that you get with any HI Express. Will I stay here again when back in town on business??? That all depends on what the rates at other hotels in the area are at the time. I have found that this is the best value in area the 2 times I have been in Herndon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave comments regarding your recent visit. I'm glad you found us to be the best value, not once, but twice. Our staff works hard to provide the friendly and helpful service you mentioned, and we hope to welcome you back whenever you are in the area. Safe travels!

Newville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here to be able to take an early morning cruise to mt Vernon. About 40 min drive to the boat. Clean rooms. Very small bathroom
Good breakfast and quick.
Loved the fact that they offer bicycles - made me wish I had another night to try that out

• Stayed August 2013
Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed here for one night as I had a connecting flight and this hotel was one of the more inexpensive options for staying close to the airport.
i found the room to be clean but a bit on the small side. the room had a funny smell and the breakfast items were average.
the main advantage of staying here was the complimentary shuttle.
The shopping mall opposite the hotel was not bad, offering a little of everything.
in short, not bad value for the price i paid but I would probably try another hotel next time I have a layover at dulles airport.

Room Tip: rooms to the front of the hotel have better views
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Thank you for noting the cleanliness of the rooms, our convenient location, and value. The shuttle van service (provided free of charge 5am-11pm) is certainly an added value, making us the ideal location for guests stopping at Dulles Airport.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your visit with us as much as we would like. Our complimentary breakfast includes hot eggs, sausage or bacon, fresh pancakes, hot cinnamon buns, a selection of cereals, yogurts, fruit, breads and pastries.

I hope you will give us another try the next time your travel plans bring you to this area.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

From the beginning, I was glad that only one of us would be spending the night. The room given to us was what you'd expect to find in Hong Kong or New York, as it was little bigger than a shoebox. Given the price of real estate in those two places, I can understand rooms to be small. But in Northern Virginia? "Fortunately", the A/C unit emitted a foul smell and I asked for and was given another room. The room was bigger, however, it was at the expense of a much smaller bathroom. Aside from the size of the room, there's nothing that was bad about the place. That being said, there's nothing that stands out that would make me recommend this property either.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to the Holiday Inn Express Reston/Herndon. Hotels typically price rooms based on the size and/or amenities provided. I'm glad the front desk was able to move you to a larger room, even if the bathroom was smaller than you are accustomed to. Please let me know when you are in this area again so I can make sure you receive a larger room. My direct email address is Patrick.Foley@bfsaul.com. Your complete satisfaction and continued patronage is very important to me.

Patrick M. Foley, CHA
Midland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We were first booked into a single room, but all they had was handicapped, on the first floor, very near the elevator. Next morning we asked to change, and very quickly we were in a double, end of the hall, far from "the maddening crowd." But the exhaust fan in the shower was noisy, and they sent a repair person, and the fan chose not to show off. Finally, if you call an elevator on the 3rd floor, it rings until you get on and select your new floor.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for letting me know about your experience. Without knowing more about your original reservation I can't tell what room type was reserved. Sometimes third-party reservation sites assign a "run of house" room with a request for a bed type when individual allotments are gone. I'm glad the front desk was able to change the room for you the following day, though. I also know how frustrating it is to have something mechanical (like an exhaust fan) refuse to make the same noises once a repairman arrives. I'd love to hear more details if you'd like to send an email to Patrick.Foley@bfsaul.com. I'd like to be sure other guests don't have the same problems.

Patrick M. Foley, CHA