Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here to be able to take an early morning cruise to mt Vernon. About 40 min drive to the boat. Clean rooms. Very small bathroom
Good breakfast and quick.
Loved the fact that they offer bicycles - made me wish I had another night to try that out

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed here for one night as I had a connecting flight and this hotel was one of the more inexpensive options for staying close to the airport.
i found the room to be clean but a bit on the small side. the room had a funny smell and the breakfast items were average.
the main advantage of staying here was the complimentary shuttle.
The shopping mall opposite the hotel was not bad, offering a little of everything.
in short, not bad value for the price i paid but I would probably try another hotel next time I have a layover at dulles airport.

Room Tip: rooms to the front of the hotel have better views
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for noting the cleanliness of the rooms, our convenient location, and value. The shuttle van service (provided free of charge 5am-11pm) is certainly an added value, making us the ideal location for guests stopping at Dulles Airport.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your visit with us as much as we would like. Our complimentary breakfast includes hot eggs, sausage or bacon, fresh pancakes, hot cinnamon buns, a selection of cereals, yogurts, fruit, breads and pastries.

I hope you will give us another try the next time your travel plans bring you to this area.

Patrick Foley

Reviewed August 12, 2013

From the beginning, I was glad that only one of us would be spending the night. The room given to us was what you'd expect to find in Hong Kong or New York, as it was little bigger than a shoebox. Given the price of real estate in those two places, I can understand rooms to be small. But in Northern Virginia? "Fortunately", the A/C unit emitted a foul smell and I asked for and was given another room. The room was bigger, however, it was at the expense of a much smaller bathroom. Aside from the size of the room, there's nothing that was bad about the place. That being said, there's nothing that stands out that would make me recommend this property either.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to the Holiday Inn Express Reston/Herndon. Hotels typically price rooms based on the size and/or amenities provided. I'm glad the front desk was able to move you to a larger room, even if the bathroom was smaller than you are accustomed to. Please let me know when you are in this area again so I can make sure you receive a larger room. My direct email address is Patrick.Foley@bfsaul.com. Your complete satisfaction and continued patronage is very important to me.

Patrick M. Foley, CHA

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We were first booked into a single room, but all they had was handicapped, on the first floor, very near the elevator. Next morning we asked to change, and very quickly we were in a double, end of the hall, far from "the maddening crowd." But the exhaust fan in the shower was noisy, and they sent a repair person, and the fan chose not to show off. Finally, if you call an elevator on the 3rd floor, it rings until you get on and select your new floor.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for letting me know about your experience. Without knowing more about your original reservation I can't tell what room type was reserved. Sometimes third-party reservation sites assign a "run of house" room with a request for a bed type when individual allotments are gone. I'm glad the front desk was able to change the room for you the following day, though. I also know how frustrating it is to have something mechanical (like an exhaust fan) refuse to make the same noises once a repairman arrives. I'd love to hear more details if you'd like to send an email to Patrick.Foley@bfsaul.com. I'd like to be sure other guests don't have the same problems.

Patrick M. Foley, CHA

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Chose the Holiday Inn Express - Reston for the location, value, and proximity to 495 in and out of DC. One way toll is $2.75, but it saves 15 minutes in travel time.
Hotel was a great value for the money. Very Clean and front desk staff very helpful. Exceeded our expectations. Maybe not a 5 star hotel, but then we didn't pay for a 5 star. We stayed from Wednesday through Sunday and not one complaint. Breakfast buffet was the normal cereal, pastries, muffins; however, they also have a pancake machine and hot eggs, sausage, and bacon. If you leave hungry, it's your fault.
It was so nice to spend the day in the city and escape to the slower pace and Reston Town Center. This place is a gem. Your choice of restaurants, shopping, and relaxing under shade trees and a nice breeze.
Lots of places to stay in N Va and DC, but you tennis to go back to where you've had a good experience, so this one is on our list and I would recommend to anyone, unless they want to pay $200 a night.
We are from NC, so no ties to Holiday Inn, excerpt having heard nice things about their hotel at home (Mt Airy).. This one gets 2 thumbs up on this visit.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family stayed over 1 night just for a quick visit to DC on the way back from a beach vacation. The room was average sized, but very clean, and the air conditioning was great! The rest of the hotel is quite warm though. There is FREE Wi-Fi internet access and a nice breakfast buffet in the morning. Coffee is available all day.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Me and my family spent only one night (stop over) in the hotel, but it was good in average. Arrived after 2:00 AM, and we were well received. Were not recognized as Platinum member, though. Room was clean, enough towels for all of us (4). Not a huge room but not small either. Breakfast is the typical Holiday Inn Express, just good to start the day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Herndon hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston
Residence Inn Herndon Reston

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston? Share your experiences!