“Typical HIE quality” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chesterfield, Michigan
“Typical HIE quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This hotel was clean, quiet, and food was good. The location has a lot of food choices in walking distance. The breakfast was good and fresh. Staff was friendly and helpful. I like their business center set up near the front desk. Good for printing boarding passes and items on the go.

Green Features: The SOAP program was something new I have never heard of. Cool idea.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Arabic first
Spring Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The appearance of the Hotel is nice the room was comfortable and clean. There is NO swimming pool, although the Trip Advisor "Hotel amenities" description lists that there is a swimming pool. There is FREE Wi-Fi internet access and a nice breakfast buffet in the morning. Coffee is available all day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank we2love2travel1
Chilhowie, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a couple nights and had an average Holiday Inn Express experience. Room was nice and clean. Only problem with the room was the bathroom was slightly small. Had to go to the lobby to get ice-a small hassle. Holiday Inn Express breakfast is usually pretty good.

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed one night and are a family a 5. Just a few minutes away from DC area. Pricing was very reasonable. Excellent service, super clean room. Very quiet and beds were very comfortable. We had a good nights sleep. Continental breakfast was good too. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
cornwall
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

A perfectly acceptable Holiday Inn Express; gracious and friendly staff; so-so breakfast (the room was small and the offerings less than inspiring); the bedroom was fine - if the furnishings are a little dated; teeny bathroom with a very noisy extractor fan. Good night's sleep and very convenient for the airport

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent visit. You're certainly right in saying the breakfast room can fill up pretty easily. I guess we are a victim of our own success. We offer a variety of breakfast foods, from hot eggs and sausage or bacon, fresh biscuits, made to order pancakes, assorted danish, cereals, yogurt, fruit, and arguably the best cinnamon buns in town. If there's anything you would like to see on the buffet I hope you will let me know. We are always looking for ways to make it even better.

I agree with your comment that the staff is "gracious and friendly". My job as manager is so much easier because our staff goes out of their way to give the very best service at a reasonable cost. I hope we have a chance to welcome you back in the very near future.

Safe travels,
Patrick Foley
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had a problem with the booking.com concerning the wording <<double room>> and when we arrived the manager was so kind with us, we recommend this hotel. She also offer us a drive to a restaurant, a discount, etc. Thanks for this nice journey.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ChantalF452
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had a reservation for this hotel starting Monday - Tue of next week. My flight came in early and I was in town at 6.00 AM. With no other place to go, I gave it a shot to come to the hotel to see if they can store my luggage while I can use their lobby Restroom to freshen-up. Instead, the gentleman on the checking counter offered me a room and checked me early to use my room. He also invited me to join for the morning, hot breakfast. Later that day, when I got it, I was offered a warm welcome by people on the front desk.
I have stayed on other properties in Herndon, but the people, the service, the place and above all the feeling they provide here is unmatched.
As a result I extended my stay here for 3 more days :). All I can say is "Thank you" and carry out the great service you guys have been provided. If I can give 7*, you deserve it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business