“Average Holiday Inn Express Experience”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here a couple nights and had an average Holiday Inn Express experience. Room was nice and clean. Only problem with the room was the bathroom was slightly small. Had to go to the lobby to get ice-a small hassle. Holiday Inn Express breakfast is usually pretty good.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stayed one night and are a family a 5. Just a few minutes away from DC area. Pricing was very reasonable. Excellent service, super clean room. Very quiet and beds were very comfortable. We had a good nights sleep. Continental breakfast was good too. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2013

A perfectly acceptable Holiday Inn Express; gracious and friendly staff; so-so breakfast (the room was small and the offerings less than inspiring); the bedroom was fine - if the furnishings are a little dated; teeny bathroom with a very noisy extractor fan. Good night's sleep and very convenient for the airport

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent visit. You're certainly right in saying the breakfast room can fill up pretty easily. I guess we are a victim of our own success. We offer a variety of breakfast foods, from hot eggs and sausage or bacon, fresh biscuits, made to order pancakes, assorted danish, cereals, yogurt, fruit, and arguably the best cinnamon buns in town. If there's anything you would like to see on the buffet I hope you will let me know. We are always looking for ways to make it even better.

I agree with your comment that the staff is "gracious and friendly". My job as manager is so much easier because our staff goes out of their way to give the very best service at a reasonable cost. I hope we have a chance to welcome you back in the very near future.

Safe travels,
Patrick Foley

Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had a problem with the booking.com concerning the wording <<double room>> and when we arrived the manager was so kind with us, we recommend this hotel. She also offer us a drive to a restaurant, a discount, etc. Thanks for this nice journey.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank ChantalF452
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had a reservation for this hotel starting Monday - Tue of next week. My flight came in early and I was in town at 6.00 AM. With no other place to go, I gave it a shot to come to the hotel to see if they can store my luggage while I can use their lobby Restroom to freshen-up. Instead, the gentleman on the checking counter offered me a room and checked me early to use my room. He also invited me to join for the morning, hot breakfast. Later that day, when I got it, I was offered a warm welcome by people on the front desk.
I have stayed on other properties in Herndon, but the people, the service, the place and above all the feeling they provide here is unmatched.
As a result I extended my stay here for 3 more days :). All I can say is "Thank you" and carry out the great service you guys have been provided. If I can give 7*, you deserve it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Reston/Herndon (VA) the night before leaving on a 2-wk vacation. It was part of a stay 'n fly package that included a certain number of days parking along with shuttle service to Dulles airport (IAD). The staff were exceptional and we receievd excellent+ value.

The reservation was made on-line. The day before check-in I called and spoke to the front desk attendant, who was polite, cheerful and competent. It was nearly 9:00pm when we arrived. Everything was in order and the check-in process was smooth as could be. We were directed to park in a particular area so that the staff would know that the vehicle was part of the stay 'n fly pkg. We asked for a shuttle at a particular time in the morning (early). Upon arising, we went downstairs for the standard HIE buffet. Because of the early hour, we did not expect to get more than a cup of coffee and perhaps an apple. Instead the staff had put out the buffet a bit early so that we could have a better breakfast. The shuttle driver was waiting for us. He loaded all the luggage, while we had breakfast. The hotel is perhaps 10 min from Dulles. We were dropped off and again assisted with the luggage.

Upon our return, we called the hotel from the baggage claim area. By the time we got our bags and made our way outside, the shuttle was there. Our arrival was around 6:30am, so the driver suggested that we go inside the hotel and have breakfast, while he took care of the bags. We were stunned by this gesture and the added value it represented.

Our experience with HIE properties tends to be quite good. This property was exceptional. Everyone with whom we dealt went above and beyond in making our complete experience positive. If you have reason to stay at a hotel in proximity to Dulles, this property is wonderful. I know we will stay there from now on.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Darthdaddy
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stay at this property when I am in the Reston,VA area on business. It is easy to access, has a decent fitness center, business center, free wifi, expanded continental breakfast and friendly staff. I also like that they offer complimentary bikes for the rail trail which is just behind the property. The only downside that I have on occasion encountered is being stuck on a floor with bus groups who come very late and leave very early making it hard to sleep. The property is normally sold out when I am there, so it is not always possible to get a quieter location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from bus groups who may be arriving late and leaving early.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these Herndon hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
Residence Inn Herndon Reston
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston? Share your experiences!