WINNER WONDERLAND

Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
PA
“Easy to access location and friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stay at this property when I am in the Reston,VA area on business. It is easy to access, has a decent fitness center, business center, free wifi, expanded continental breakfast and friendly staff. I also like that they offer complimentary bikes for the rail trail which is just behind the property. The only downside that I have on occasion encountered is being stuck on a floor with bus groups who come very late and leave very early making it hard to sleep. The property is normally sold out when I am there, so it is not always possible to get a quieter location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from bus groups who may be arriving late and leaving early.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Arabic first
Harrisonburg, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have used the Holiday Inn Express in Herndon many times with their park and fly promotion. This is a perfect location with all the things you need and as always the best customer service that you can have!!! We have stayed several times over the past 10 years and the service is always the same. Everyone from the desk staff to the transportation people are wonderful. Will come back any time I have to fly out of Dulles.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bremerton, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Herndon-Reston while on a short vacation. I have stayed at HI Express hotels before so I wasnt really expecting too much. I was surprised. From the warm smile that greeted me at the front desk to the inviting room I walked into, I was so pleased and comfortable. The room was clean and larger than I expected. This is on Priceline as a 2 1/2 start hotel and I think that is low for this location.

I stayed in a room on the bottom floor but had no problems with noise overhead. Like most hotels, you do get some noise from the hallway but it really was not disturbing enough to bother me. The hotel had a nice breakfast in the morning.

All in all, a nice place to stay and close to the airport and I would stay again if I get back to the DC area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport in January 2012 and was extremely pleased with my stay as all my needs were met. My program with the University of Phoenix required a return visit December 2012. Again that stay was pleasant and the staff remembered me from January. The staff's professionalism, free WiFi, access to printer (mine malfunctioned at an inopportune time), clean room, complimentary breakfast, beverages/fruit/cookies afterward, and proximity to local merchants make this facility special. I would stay here anytime in the future I visit this area.

Room Tip: I requested the same room from my previous stay because it suited my needs via email. I received a p...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Hello John D

I'm so glad you enjoyed your return visit! Our staff works hard to make our guests feel like part of the family, and it is great to welcome you back!

I hope next time you'll visit in warmer weather so you can take advantage of the complimentary bicycles to get out on the nearby trails, or just to explore Herndon and the many restaurants in the area.

Thanks for sharing your comments.

Patrick Foley General Manager
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Visiting Washington from the uk and as we were only staying for 3 nights and wouldn't be spending much time at the hotel we looked for value for money.
I had an enquiry about the shuttle bus before I arrived,Patrick the manager emailed
me to tell me the arrangements for transport from the hotel
The staff at the hotel are excellent and very helpful, one even showed me how to set up the wifi on my phone, nothing is too much trouble.the free breakfast is excellent and the hotel is quiet on a night so had no probs getting a good nights sleep.
Overall an excellent hotel and value for money

• Stayed December 2012
Chesterfield, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stay at a lot of hotels including many HIEs. This one is one of the nicer ones. The room was the typical HIE room. Had a newer flat screen.
Breakfast was good. Nice sitting area.
Staff was very friendly. Close to restaurants.

Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great Place to stay, one night or for weeks. Clean, comfortable and really great staff. This hotel is in an perfect location, near lots of restaurants. Excellent value for expensive Herndon/Reston! Free continental breakfast. Decent fitness room AND LOANER Bikes, seriously bikes you can borrow to tour the area!!! Free business center/printer, free and fast internet. I stayed here for weeks at a time. I will ALWAYS stay here when I am in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jim C
HIExpressHerndon, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Hello Jim C,

Thank you so much for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff works hard to make sure we deliver a great value, and exceptional service.

The free loaner bicycles are very popular with our guests who don't want to stop their fitness routine while on the road. If there was a particular member of the staff who went out of their way to make your stay a success I'd love to hear from you (my direct email is patrick.foley@bfsaul.com). We use feedback like yours for recognizing superior service, performance evaluations, and our Employee of the Quarter.

Thank you for sharing your comments. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

In Hospitality,
Patrick Foley General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel
Comfort Inn Dulles International Airport
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston
Hyatt Regency Reston

Been to Holiday Inn Express Reston Herndon-Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!