“Modern Look, Comfy Bed & Furniture, Great Amenities, Allows Dogs!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Herndon Reston

Residence Inn Herndon Reston
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Greater DC Metro Area
“Modern Look, Comfy Bed & Furniture, Great Amenities, Allows Dogs!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

What an outstanding experience! The modern furniture was perfectly scaled to the room and super comfy too! Plenty of lighting & lamp options. The reservation clerk was prompt, friendly and polite. Within a short time frame the room temperature adjusted to my setting and the ice maker started dropping cubes.

I just recently re-discovered Residence Inns when I discovered this hotel on the BringFido.com website. First, I was surprised to find that any Marriotts allowed dogs of any real size at any chains (ours are 25lbs & 45lbs - one $75 fee/stay covers both dogs). Then I was thrilled at how nice the rooms/suites were that dogs-with-owners were assigned! Its been years since I stayed at a Residence Inn. What I recall isn't complimentary - out-dated, uncomfortable, run-down, equally tired staff. Not anymore!

My current experiences in 2 separate locations these last 2 months - this one in Northern VA & the one in Saddle River - were wonderful! The rooms were fresh and clean, well-stocked with kitchen basics, and very comfortable. Everything was ideal! My top comfort items when staying in a hotel are a comfortable bed, linens that fit, bathtub with working plug, controllable temperature, fan, reading lamps by bed & sofa. All of these comforts were present plus one - the unexpected comfort of an individual patio on the ground floor - super easy to take the dogs out! Because we've been making brief visits on weekends, the prices have been wonderful too.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms with patio if you have dogs; 2nd floor rooms with balcony if you enjoy the night...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

Just returned from a four-night stay on a business trip to Reston. Service at the hotel is great - very friendly staff that is always ready to provide information or help. Very good location with several restaurants, shops, and a grocery store within a 5-10 minute walk. Morning breakfast offered a nice variety of selections and the evening social events were a nice touch. Although the hotel is a bit dated, the rooms were clean and quiet - the bed was excellent! This place met my travel needs perfectly and will consider it again upon a return to the area.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms in one of the rear buildings are quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank oldranger81
Steeler Country
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This property is centrally located with less than an hour's drive to all DC attractions. The only reason I say within an hour is because the traffic is horrendous no matter where you stay in the metro DC area. It's a fact of life. The hotel is super friendly, extremely clean and very prompt with answering service requests. I highly recommend this inn just for the convenience of shopping, restaurants and attractions that are close by.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Well maintained rooms, I stayed in a studio, has a small kitchenette, and a few utensils and a refrigerator. Not very expensive especially if you are working with a big organization, the chances are that your organization will have some corporate tie up, and then the rates will much lesser than whats there in the cards. Free breakfast and also some munches in evenings on a few days in a week. Has free WIFI and other services like free shuttle services to and from the airport and office and the other amenities normally you can expect in a Mariott residence Inn. Just a few miles from the Reston town center. Across the street, there is a K-Mart, lots of restaurants nearby including an Indian Restaurant and a Mc Donalds.

Room Tip: In Winters, some of the rooms are far from the lobby, I ended up driving to the parking area near th...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Oro Valley, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is a very nice hotel with spacious rooms with full kitchen. They offer breakfast every morning and a light dinner Monday-Thursday. Free internet and free parking. The staff is very friendly. Great place for business travelers and families.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Well, it seemed pretty much like deja vu when I reserved a room for three nights and stayed in the exact same building that I did in 1995; however, the property was kept up very nicely and was in better shape than I remembered it way back then. The room was extremely clean, the hotel staff were both helpful and friendly. The bed was not overly soft but comfortable and a good-size king for spreading out. The air conditioning worked very well which was important as it reached the 90s during the day but the room stayed nice and cool. I did not have a single complaint about my room...just comfortable and clean. As for the staff, they were definitely awesome. I somehow lost my pocket comb on my flight and on the first night the front desk clerk provided me a replacement free of charge...very helpful. The breakfasts were pretty good and typical of a Residence Inn - if you ever stayed at one - though I have experienced some at other locations that were not even worth partaking in. If I had to find a complaint it would be that I never saw any hard-boiled eggs set out so that I could have one on the go but the scrambled eggs were warm and always tasty so I was able to eat my fill that way. This was not one of those Residence Inns since the food was prepared well with enough choices to satisfy pretty much any breakfast taste. The staff that was preparing the food always smiled and greeted me when I walked past the kitchen as they were preparing the food. When I was checking out, after I told the clerk my room number, she pleasantly and helpfully made me aware that she had just transferred a call to my room. I knew who it was calling and was able to know to contact that person in a timely fashion. The location of the hotel was also perfect too for my situation as I was attending a training seminar just 10 minutes or so away and was able to miss most of the traffic congestion going to and from the workplace. Unlike in 1995, there are now plenty of restaurants within short walking distance of this Residence Inn too. There is a McDonald's, a Popeye's (fired chicken), a sub shop, a European Café, an Outback Steakhouse, and a couple Indian restaurants very close by on the other side of the street. There is a Safeway grocery store just a block or so away as well in case you want to prepare some food in your own room's kitchen. To sum it all up, the place was clean, comfortable and convenient and the staff made me feel important too. If (or when) I head back to the Herndon/Reston area, I will definitely be checking to see if there is availability at this hotel first. I most definitely recommend it to others! The only reasons why I rated the room service and spa as a 3 and 4, respectively, is because I didn't use them and cannot provide a reliable review on those particular services. However, I don't believe I saw a reference to room service even being available (after all it is a Residence Inn and they have no restaurant within the hotel). As for the spa category, the hotel does have an outdoor pool that looks wonderful after a hot day but I regretfully must say that I did not have the time to dive into it.

Room Tip: My room was on the first floor of Building 4 was quiet and located within a relatively small walking...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Campinas, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

When I arrived there I was informed that my reservation had been canceled, however, this issue was solved quickly after calling booking directly. We got an early check inn and a room upgrade. The staff are very friendly and helpfull. The hotel is vey well located and also has a free shuttle to the airport on demand. Breakfast is good and the room was vey clean as well. If a have a chance, I will definitely come back.

Room Tip: I would recommend this hotel for Brazilians who are visiting Washington DC area for tourism and shop...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Courtyard Herndon Reston
Courtyard Herndon Reston
#16 of 20 in Herndon
4.0 of 5 stars 149 reviews

Been to Residence Inn Herndon Reston? Share your experiences!