“Home away from home”

Residence Inn Herndon Reston
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We have stayed at Residence inn's before but this was a step up. They have thought of everything and you can tell. It was nice to find things that they had in the room to make it easy for you. Small things like paper towels, dish cloth and wine opener etc. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!! We will return again!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Herndon Reston

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this location for our 3 yr wedding anniversary. Upon arriving the room was very clean and spacious. We decided to go to the pool and whirlpool area....the pool looked very clean until we go into it. The whirlpool was dirty and did not work either. The next night we were going to use the grills by the pool area and I was told by the front desk person that the grills were not working due to a gas line problem. So after all of that we decided to cut our stay short by one day and leave early. I went to the front desk to let them know we were leaving early and the lady at the desk in a rude tone told me I was not getting any money back.....I contacted the company and after several emails I received one from Chris the manager there. He was very apologetic and told me about the problems they were having with the lifeguards and the gas lines for the grills....he did refund one of our nights (the night we did not stay) and gave us 10,000 reward points.....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights waiting for our corporate apartment to be ready. I was very pleased with our room! It was a big studio apartment and had everything we needed to be comfortable. The grounds were easy to walk around with perfect for our dog. They have a lot of amenities and services to help make your stay pleasant. I would have been fine staying here longer.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Me and my wife stayed at this Residence Inn for a week in November 2011. We liked the style of this hotel, it is like a little village with a nice garden and pool area (the pool is closed during winter time). I'll bet it is great to stay there during summer time on a vacation, having a quality time with the kids in the garden.
I would recommend staying on the first floor and for families with children I would recommend a room facing the garden and the pool, at least during summer. There is not an elevator in the two story buildings so you have to carry your bags up the stairs to the second floor if your room is there.
The breakfast was very good, the staff was helpful and the rooms are very good, spacious and nice and clean with full kitchen and a good TV area. There are bigger rooms (apartments) than we stayed in. There is a shopping center across the street with Kmart but that Kmart was just bad, chaotic, not clean (at least when we stayed there). There is a nice big Target store in the area that is just great, we did a lot of our shopping there. Residence Inn at Herndon Reston is a perfect hotel for longer stays and great for families and couples.

Room Tip: First floor facing the pool area is better if you are traveling with children.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 7 months while our house was build... This hotel was great for us! Pet friendly, VERY friendly with our dog! Never had any problem with anything or anybody.... The location it's great! Very close to Reston Town Center, to W&OD trail, supermarket and restaurants! The gym membership it's a plus!
They always have coffee and cookies available anytime everyday! My dog loved to go to the front desk and play with the staff before her treat.
We highly recommend this place! V

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel is styled into separate buildings sort of like condos. It is somewhat spread out from the office, with sidewalks connecting all the buildings. Very family and pet friendly, with a nice vibe. The rooms have a full kitchen, and would be very comfortable for a multiweek stay. The staff is friendly. Everything was clean and in good repair. The rooms are like an efficiency apartment with plenty of space. I would definitely come here again.

Room Tip: I would get a second story room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This property consists of multiple buildings. The one I stayed in was 2-story, so U have to walk upstairs rather than an elevator which could be a drawback if U have lots of luggage. The rooms and bathroom are upgraded with modern finishes. The common area carpets and paint could use some modernization. Very comfortable mattress, TV on a swivel. Set-up like a living room or mini apartment home i.e. sofa, chair, full size stove and kitchen. I booked through a 3rd party provided, but was charged twice. When I notified the hotel they did credit the charge back. All in all I would recommend it over some higher rated properties, especially for the price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank HQOFCMGR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#9 of 20 in Herndon
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston
Hyatt Regency Reston
Westin Reston Heights
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston

Been to Residence Inn Herndon Reston? Share your experiences!