“Spotless”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Spotless”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I've been to this hotel on many occasions. Location is great. It's close enough (20-30 min depending on traffic) if you're visiting DC, but also close enough to walk to many restaurants and a grocery store. The Reston Town Center is a mile up the road, and has several upscale restaurants and shopping, as well as a great movie theater. There's also a paved trail right outside the hotel if you bring your bike, or are a runner. The hotel is in tip top shape...clean everywhere, and the staff is second to none. Not to mention, great value. In the northern Virginia area, you cannot beat the value of this place, the cleanliness and the service. Don't bother going anywhere else.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the Residence Inn Herndon. Check-in was quick and efficient; the clerk was very nice and gave me a choice of rooms/buidings. The room was very clean and well organized. I appreciated the HD TV and the number of channels as many hotels only have a limited selection of channels and are non-HD. Also, I left behind some jewelry and frantically called in the hopes that housekeeping would have turned it in and they did, thankfully. My one complaint would be that the room smelled of cigarette smoke - it wasn't strong but definitely distinctive. I didn't tell the front desk but I'm sure they would have taken care of it had I alerted them. Had it been stronger I would have said something. I travel to the area quite frequently and this is now my top hotel choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
new orleans
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This Residence Inn is exactly what you would expect: large rooms, clean, well kept common areas and grounds, etc. What makes this property stand out is the quality of the staff. I found all to be courteous, efficient, and eager to make our stay perfect. From the kind security guard, who spent a few minutes with me at midnight while I was unpacking my car talking about Django Reinhardt (but I realized after was also watching my things and allowing me to run back and forth from my car to the room unloading my stuff without having to lock/unlock the car each time) to Mauricio at the desk who responded to my request for a specialized map, which he could have easily blown off but instead made numerous unsolicited attempts to come up with exactly what we needed, and pretty much everyone else in between, the staff was top-notch. Kudos to the staff and management, this is the quality and level of service all hotels should aspire to.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank thetate
fredyt3
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Residence Inn located in Reston, VA was a good choice as we needed to be near Washington, D.C. The distance is approximately 23 miles. The venue is right off the 267 Toll Road and easily connects to D.C.

When you first look at the venue it appears out dated, however, no worries, as it has been completely remodeled and the rooms are fresh as well as other amenities at the property.

There is a Safeway market next door and plenty of restaurants shops within blocks of the hotel. The Residence Inn brand affords you a full kitchen so you are able to prepare your food. There is plenty of parking and if you are looking for a mid-range place to stay, with a reliable brand you will find it very accommodating.

The only issue we experienced was the electrical stove. It malfunctioned so we couldn't use the oven. Although maintenance quickly came to service our needs, we simply decided to not use the stove part of the oven.

Room Tip: The property features pods or townhome style sections. Our room was one bedroom and included a sof...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I am a Marriott Gold member and have stayed at numerous hotels in the US., this one being my most frequent stay. I was here for two weeks. The hotel smelled of urine and fresh paint. It was very loud (at one point my neighbors staying awake and partying until 3am) even though I requested a quiet area. Two calls to the front desk produced no results. I have never had a bad experience with a Marriott property until now. I do not recommend staying here.

Also, I paid $169.00/night but the rates on the door claimed $250.00/week?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We got a two storey apartment with much more space and facilities than we needed for about 100$, breakfast included. Free spacious parking, shops in the vicinity, quite close to Dulles airport and not too far to Washington downtown (except rush hours!). It is a classic Residence Inn by Marriot ideal for longer stayings than two or three days. It is also close to a famous outlet shopping mall.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
West Virginia
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This hotel is very nice. The room was very spacious (although the kitchen was fairly small) and it was very clean. It would be perfect for an extended stay. The free breakfast was mediocre at best. It consisted of a usual continental breakfast with four hot foods (eggs, sausage, Canadian bacon, potatoes, etc.), but it was far from spectacular. The only problem I had with this hotel was the distance to the Metro (17 miles), but the staff helped with directions. Luckily, there is another Metro line under construction that will have a few stations very close to this hotel. This hotel, however, does have excellent customer service. I had booked a one week trip, but an emergency occurred at home and I had to check out immediately. They were more than accommodating and were kind enough not to charge me the fee for checking out early.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor have large glass doors that lead to the outside. So if you're someone w...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#10 of 20 in Herndon
SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston
Hyatt Regency Reston
Fairfield Inn & Suites Dulles Airport Herndon/Reston
Westin Reston Heights

Been to Residence Inn Herndon Reston? Share your experiences!