“Very good hotel....stayed for dc visit....best value”

SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family and I stayed here three nights...we were visiting DC and found that it was hard to come by a room that slept five (common problem for families with three kids) and every hotel in DC was smaller rooms, higher prices and few freebies.......this hotel was A steal at $79.99 a night....free parking, free wifi and free breakfast. It's about 20 min from a metro station at Vienna which is how we got downtown but they are building a new metro line that will be very close by. The room was big, clean, good breakfast....bed was super comfortable...also very nice that it came with a kitchenette......for the value it was way better than could be expected.....very happy and would stay there again if I could get the same price....there were no restaurants in walking distance but within a short drive you can find about anything....safe neighborhood and close to a nice running trail. I'm only giving a four for service and clean
Iness because the hall carpet was a little dirty and I only give five for spotless...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tammyvallee
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stay in Herndon VA at least 10 days per month. I stay here because I stay at Marriotts and this place has everything I need. The rooms are a good size and have refrigerator and microwave. I'll never understand why Marriott Courtyard rooms have a fridge but no microwave, which is why I go to SpringHill Suites instead. Anyway, this place is a standard SpringHill Suites which means that you have everything you need. The breakfast is nothing to write home about, but it is a hot breakfast so you won't have to search for someplace in the morning. The only negative I have for this property is the workout room. One bicycle and two treadmills...and nothing else. It's a closet with a few machines in it. But, if you are a Marriott Elite, they will give you a pass to the gym up the street and it's very close. I will continue to stay at this property.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have noisy HVAC. If you hear it when you first get to your room, get another room...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ken T
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We saved by booking this place a bit further from the D.C. sites but it was worth it. And our room accommodated a family of 5 which is sometimes hard to find. We stayed just one night but found our hotel room very clean, updated and comfortable. -couldn't believe how nice for the price! Front desk staff were nice (not overly but nice nonetheless) and very helpful, giving me menus for local restaurants when I asked. Breakfast was typical and the breakfast room very crowded and busy! For D.C. visits you can drive in or drive to a metro station and park-n-ride.

1  Thank scFamilyoFive
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed at SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston while in the DC area to visit The American Girl Store. The size and accommodations of the room appealed to us, as we were traveling with 3 children. Upon arriving, we boarded the elevator and were overwhelmed with an awful odor. The overall first impression of the room was not a good one. It was not clean and was out of date. There were several spots/stains on the walls and carpet and the bathroom was gross. It was hard to keep the room at a comfortable temperature as well. Our room was stocked with 4 bath towels and one tiny bottle of shampoo and one of conditioner for 5 people. We were looking forward to using the indoor pool but we had to ask the kids to get out because the water was so filthy. In addition, we did not enjoy the complimentary breakfast either. The dining area and the buffet areas were a mess. The one god thing about our visit was the coffee that was always available. I woud not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here.
1  Thank vacamom3
Sabrina B, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is helpful to review your feedback with the team as we work to make improvements throughout the property. We have consistently held very high scores in room cleanliness, so it is with careful attention that we focus on your areas of concerns. We have also recently launched a new, healthy breakfast buffet, so again it is with great detail that we review your concerns. As aforementioned, we want to make continued improvements and we strive to remain as appealing as we were when you first chose to stay with us. We are certainly happy to know that the coffee was to your liking as well. We would love to accommodate you at a SpringHill Suites in the future. Please contact us if we can address any of your concerns any further. Thanks again for sharing!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here while touring the art museums of the Smithsonian. This hotel is close to Washington Dulles airport and cost 1/3 what you would pay closer to DC. We took the express bus from the airport ( hotel has a shuttle) into DC each day , $6 dollars each way $3 for senior) and used public transportation ( DC metro) to get around. Because of the savings we had more money for great meals.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Bennie W
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My family stopped here twice. We have three teenage children and were able to sleep in one room with two double beds and a sleeper sofa. The room was under $100 and included a full breakfast, albeit breakfast acccomodations were a little tight and we had to wait to grab a table. Unbeatable value! Clean rooms. Nice decor and amenities. During our second stay, our room was near the lobby and very noisy. Close to DC.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night at a very good rate when our flight was delayed out of Dulles. The rooms are the big plus - roomy, clean, very comfortable beds, spacious seating area and all seemed recently remodeled. The negatives are that the front desk staff was not very friendly at check-in (did you know you cannot get Marriott points unless you book from Marriott directly - she was sure to sternly remind me of that but is this true???). I tried to call down to the front desk several times and my calls went unanswered. The lobby is not remodeled and slightly outdated. Plus it smells badly of chlorine because of the pool. We could hear the people upstairs walking around. Overall, a decent place for a one night stay but I would not return otherwise. We left bright and early to catch a flight and the morning front desk staff was much nicer. I grabbed a hard boiled egg from the breakfast (which looked pretty good otherwise) on my way out and had to spit it out in the cad because it tasted of chemicals.....

1  Thank alleretour
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#10 of 20 in Herndon
Residence Inn Herndon Reston
Sheraton Reston Hotel
Hyatt Regency Reston
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston

Been to SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston? Share your experiences!