“Not Thrilled With Our Visit”

SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed at SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston while in the DC area to visit The American Girl Store. The size and accommodations of the room appealed to us, as we were traveling with 3 children. Upon arriving, we boarded the elevator and were overwhelmed with an awful odor. The overall first impression of the room was not a good one. It was not clean and was out of date. There were several spots/stains on the walls and carpet and the bathroom was gross. It was hard to keep the room at a comfortable temperature as well. Our room was stocked with 4 bath towels and one tiny bottle of shampoo and one of conditioner for 5 people. We were looking forward to using the indoor pool but we had to ask the kids to get out because the water was so filthy. In addition, we did not enjoy the complimentary breakfast either. The dining area and the buffet areas were a mess. The one god thing about our visit was the coffee that was always available. I woud not stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room here.
1  Thank vacamom3
Sabrina B, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is helpful to review your feedback with the team as we work to make improvements throughout the property. We have consistently held very high scores in room cleanliness, so it is with careful attention that we focus on your areas of concerns. We have also recently launched a new, healthy breakfast buffet, so again it is with great detail that we review your concerns. As aforementioned, we want to make continued improvements and we strive to remain as appealing as we were when you first chose to stay with us. We are certainly happy to know that the coffee was to your liking as well. We would love to accommodate you at a SpringHill Suites in the future. Please contact us if we can address any of your concerns any further. Thanks again for sharing!

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here while touring the art museums of the Smithsonian. This hotel is close to Washington Dulles airport and cost 1/3 what you would pay closer to DC. We took the express bus from the airport ( hotel has a shuttle) into DC each day , $6 dollars each way $3 for senior) and used public transportation ( DC metro) to get around. Because of the savings we had more money for great meals.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Bennie W
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My family stopped here twice. We have three teenage children and were able to sleep in one room with two double beds and a sleeper sofa. The room was under $100 and included a full breakfast, albeit breakfast acccomodations were a little tight and we had to wait to grab a table. Unbeatable value! Clean rooms. Nice decor and amenities. During our second stay, our room was near the lobby and very noisy. Close to DC.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night at a very good rate when our flight was delayed out of Dulles. The rooms are the big plus - roomy, clean, very comfortable beds, spacious seating area and all seemed recently remodeled. The negatives are that the front desk staff was not very friendly at check-in (did you know you cannot get Marriott points unless you book from Marriott directly - she was sure to sternly remind me of that but is this true???). I tried to call down to the front desk several times and my calls went unanswered. The lobby is not remodeled and slightly outdated. Plus it smells badly of chlorine because of the pool. We could hear the people upstairs walking around. Overall, a decent place for a one night stay but I would not return otherwise. We left bright and early to catch a flight and the morning front desk staff was much nicer. I grabbed a hard boiled egg from the breakfast (which looked pretty good otherwise) on my way out and had to spit it out in the cad because it tasted of chemicals.....

1  Thank alleretour
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my DC trip. No complains at all and was as per my expectations. Very well priced that includes breakfast buffet with good selection of food. Room is spacious with a microwave and small referigator. I had booked two rooms and they gave me both rooms next to each other and front desk was helpful and courteous. This hotel is now with marriott but do not expect like original Marriott quality/level.

The one thing that I would like to share was the guests in fact not hotel. There was chaos during breakfast hours for food. I saw people taking packs/stacks of food to their room and then coming back to have breakfast in kitchen area. That caused shortage of some food for other people. I thought that lots of people stayed their because they provide good complimentary breakfast. Kitchen staff quickly re-filled the food items.

Room Tip: Please go and have breakfast to avoid blind race for food.
1  Thank SP-NC-11
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My sister and I traveled to VA for a horse show and stayed here. The front desk people were very helpful and even gave us directions to the equine center. They also have shuttle service which my sister used several times. The staff were wonderful and the rooms were clean and nicely decorated. My only complaint would be that the towels were thin and scratchy, but there were plenty of them. They have an indoor pool which we were not able to use and they also have a hot breakfast everyday (scrambled eggs and sausage) as well as cereals, pastries, waffles and yogurt. They do not have a restaurant, though. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a first floor room because my sister is disabled and it was surprisingly quiet as well as con...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TomDonna_11
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is a really nice motel. Nice, big rooms. Love the photos hanging in the rooms. If you have a car, it's easy enough to drive into Washington or to Vienna to catch the train if need be. Breakfast is okay, nothing special but not horrible either. For $69 a night it's still close enough to DC to not be paying ridiculous prices to be there. I would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bek91
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Hyatt House Herndon
Hyatt House Herndon
#10 of 20 in Herndon
Residence Inn Herndon Reston
Sheraton Reston Hotel
Hyatt Regency Reston
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Reston

Been to SpringHill Suites Herndon Reston? Share your experiences!