“Definitely Better Thsn Asian Garden” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Haymarket, Virginia, USA
“Definitely Better Thsn Asian Garden”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

In terms of Chinese restaurant options in Haymarket, I would much rather eat here than Asian Garden. But that doesn't mean it's perfect. Take out Chinese food isn't supposed to break the bank, and this place is still way overpriced. That said, the food tastes ten times better than the food at Asian Garden, which is closer to home. The sesame chicken was tasty with big juicy pieces. The fried rice is pretty good, the lo mein wasn't too greasy, their shrimp dishes have an adequate number of shrimp, and their poopoo platter was a hit. I am definitely coming back to get my ocassion all Chinese food fix, but I won't make it too regular because it costs more than it should.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Monica V

Haymarket, Virginia, USA
“Decent Chinese Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

It's better than the other options in Haymarket (Asian Garden and China East) but it's not great. I went for lunch and ordered the sesame chicken lunch special with fried rice. I wish that I could have substituted soup for the egg roll, instead of having to order the soup separately (you kind of lose the value of the lunch special this way), but at least the wonton soup was good, as was the sesame chicken. The egg roll was better than what I have had in other restaurants in the area, but the duck sauce tasted very strange. My husband added the hot and sour soup to his lunch special and he said it was good. All in all, it was a decent meal and I'd probably go back if I was craving Chinese food.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Monica V
Manassas, Virginia
“Great food great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I hosted a networking group with out reservations with 15 people and service went with out a hitch. Everyone enjoyed their lunch. The food is fresh and light. My favorite is the chicken wraps (no mushrooms) and hot and sour soup.

Please check them out they also deliver.

• Visited February 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Food. Quick.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We decided to try a new Chinese place for our Friday night. We called East Ocean and ordered 5 different main dishes. They delivered those dishes in about 35 minutes. The food came hot, fresh, and flavorful. I would have preferred a little more spice in our dishes, but the others in our group thought they were fine. I'm sure that East Ocean would add some heat upon request. We'll order from them again.

Visited January 2014
Gainesville, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Chinese!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

One of the best chinese restaurants around! The food tastes fresh, the service attentive and the shop is clean. We had the Curry Chicken and it was flavorful with just the right spice. Even the Wonton Soup was good, not the usual salty or watered down versions that you get at other places. The wontons were tender and the meat was seasoned nicely. Definitely a winner and convenient to shopping.

• Visited October 2013