“Local Color”

Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 11, 2014

One of the few places left in Harrisonburg with the old time feel. You can eat with everyone from the Mayor to the homeless guy. The food is diner food and is good, but diner food. The atmosphere is what you come for.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Hubby and I stopped in on our way to Asheville, and were not disappointed. It is an old fashion diner, with a bar only. Not the most comfy seats, but authentic. Wait staff friendly and efficient. I love biscuits and they have the BEST. Standard breakfast fare, cooked at the grill in front of you.
Next time we are in the area, save us a couple of stools!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We're from the UK and have just come back from visiting our friends in Harrisonburg. VA. On the last day of our visit my youngest Daughter told me that she wanted to eat in a real American diner, so we were directed to this one by the railway tracks. Wow ! I'm not sure whether there is a diner that is more authentic than this one but I'd recommend it as part of any tourist schedule. No idea what I was ordering but it was delicious. Cooked right in front of us and the coffee just kept coming. All the staff were lovely and made us really welcome - wish there were places like this in Manchester. Prices were incredibly cheap !

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I do not want to say too many great thing about this place because I want to make sure there is enough room left for me to eat. Super friendly staff. And my food was excellent. Going to have to go and try again for the chicken I am hearing about. Your food is cooked right in front of you and that is the way it should be. Brings back memories eating in a place like this. My daughter loved the home fries.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My eating experience at the diner was really nice. It is small but the food is very good. the servers are nice and friendly. This diner has been around a very long time and I hope it continues to do well.