“Great new downtown restaurant!”
Review of Food.Bar.Food

Food.Bar.Food
Ranked #14 of 282 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Global comfort food and inspired drinks in downtown Harrisonburg. Virginia Living Magazine #winnerbestcocktails #winnerbestbrunch 2015, 2016 & 2017 LUNCH 11am-2pm Tuesday-Thursday BRUNCH 11am-2pm Friday & Saturday, 10am-2pm Sunday HAPPY HOUR 4-6pm Turesday-Saturday DINNER 4-10pm Tuesday-Saturday CLOSED Sunday nights and Monday
Reviewed July 26, 2014

I enjoyed a nice dinner last night at Food Bar Food. They have only been open about a month, but are a great addition to the downtown dining scene. The restaurant is quite busy, but we found a nice table in the bar area. The whole restaurant is bright, airy, and inviting. The servers were very friendly and happy to give suggestions. All of the drinks of the drink menu have a unique twist, and were reasonably priced. We each ordered two different cocktails, so I tasted a total of four. All were amazing. I highly recommend the ginger hibiscus greyhound- pretty and tasty. I had the Asian spiced fried chicken. It was very moist and I really enjoyed the flavor. Portions aren't huge, but I felt that it was a very nice size, and a great price. The most expensive menu item is $13, you can't beat that. We were seated near the kitchen, so I got to watch all the food come out, and it really looked good. My only complaint was that there weren't any appetizer type items on the menu. I can't wait to go back and try some other dishes and drinks.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Thought the restaurant was a little loud. OK-that's the negative. Positives are-terrific selection of dishes, presentations were exceptional, flavors and combinations of ingredients were imaginative and delicious. Portions were small but so were the prices. They might think of adding a small and large portion for each dish. Great selection of beer. Did not check out the wine list but will do so on our next visit which will be very soon.