“great service - good food”
Review of Bravo Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My family and I have eaten at this establishment multiple times - often showing up with a party of 8 without reservations - they handled us effectively and professionally. The food is good Italian - I have had better in Italy - but it was good. Many options on the menu and we have never had anything that was less than good at the restaurant.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

We went on a weekday expecting the palce not to be busy but it was. And despite that our food was great and service was quick and attentive. And a plus for the kids menu and getting that food out early for our hungry little ones. I recommend this place wholeheartedly.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

Solid good food. Pizza was not amazing, definitely undercooked. Salad was good, but I am not a fan of a salad covered with cheese especially when it is not mentioned on the menu. The beer selection was excellent and my kids loved the meatballs. Were were traveling a lot that night so they were super nice in getting us seated quickly.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Bravo bridges the gap in Harrisonburg between family-style and formal Italian dining. While it is situated in a strip mall, once you pass through the front doors, you will forget the location. They owners have done a good job at stylizing the interior to be thematic, but pleasant and not kitschy or cheap. The flavor will not knock your socks off, but combined with the setting and the waitstaff, it makes for an above average experience. While I've not been to Italy, I imagine Bravo to be more authentic than The Olive Garden variety of chain restaurants, and with a higher standard of decor, but it is that level of Italian dining in terms of entrees and cost.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

i travel alot for business- business lunches, dinners- theyre all part of what i do, which means i get to try alot of food. im a big fan of italian food and usually when i get my pick it's what i go for. the first time I came through harrisonburg i was looking to dine with some clients of mine and the hotel i was staying at recommended Bravo. i set up a reservation for that night and went out. the minute i walked into Bravo restaurant I knew I'd stumbled onto a gem- i mean the look and feel of the restaurant itself is so pretty and unique it's almost worth it just for that experience alone! i was seated by a really pretty hostess (they seen to have a penchant for hiring pretty hostesses at Bravo- a bonus for me being a young, single guy :p ) where i proceeded to wait for the rest of my party to arrive. service was great and everything- that night i ordered angel hair ala crema ( a really rich dish made with homemade bacon and cream). the meal came with a delcious homemade soup- which i dont remember exactly what was in it, but it was good! ( i was told they make different soups fresh every day here)
Every time im doing business in the harrisonburg/valley area i make it a point to go back to Bravo. Not only is the service great but the atmosphere is homey and welcoming all on its own. another thing i love about this place is they carry my favorite wine- a rare italian grape called cesanese, which i havent been able to find anywhere else (i usually buy a few bottles to take back home with me).