My husband and I stayed in the Bergey Cottage over a weekend. The cottage itself was absolutely lovely - everything was clean, the extra large jacuzzi was fabulous, we appreciated having some light drinks and snacks on hand, and the delivered breakfasts were delicious. If you are looking for optimal privacy, I would definitely recommend Bergey - the other two cottages were sitting right on top of the parking lot or right next to the main inn. The innkeepers were unfailingly kind and gracious. The only slightly negative thing I would have to say is the location of the B&B was less than optimal - but only if you wanted to park your car for the weekend and be able to walk everywhere. The B&B is located outside the main city downtown and on the fringe of a residential neighborhood so if you wanted to go out to eat and see the sights, you needed to drive. That being said, we didn't mind at all and the cottage made a very nice jumping off point and peaceful return site for our little weekend in the Virginia mountains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Inn, located in Harrisonburg in Virginia's central Shenandoah Valley. Whether staying one night or more, our one-of-a-kind Shenandoah Valley lodging is legendary. Guests return time and again to experience the comfort and intimacy of our four Main House Suites and five Luxurious Cottages. We hope to meet you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your By the Side of the Road Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- By The Side Of The Road Inn & Cottages Hotel Harrisonburg
- By The Side Of The Road Inn And Cottages