As me and my girlfriend are making the B & B circuit (Poconos, Dutch country, etc.) I found this nice spot in VA.(the pictures online were nice) and decided to bring her for her birthday. We stayed in the Quill Cottage, It was quaintly decorated and provided a little bit privacy. However, the actual living quarters were smaller than I thought it would be. The bathroom is HUGE(its the same size as the living quarters) so if you dig big bathrooms and soaking tubs go right away! The Quill cottage does keep you separated from whatever amenities the primary house offers and while they have 24 hour service we didn't really know about it, but I will take some blame for that in not reading all of the rules and regs before settling in. There isn't tons to do...the farmers markets were lacking in my estimation compared to the Dutch country. The breakfast was ok...the portions were small and (pancakes and 2 sausage links the first day and a small souffle sitting on a sausage pattie the second) You have to try for yourself...I wasn't overwhelmed by the B&B or the area. I have been to worse B&B's thats for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Inn, located in Harrisonburg in Virginia's central Shenandoah Valley. Whether staying one night or more, our one-of-a-kind Shenandoah Valley lodging is legendary. Guests return time and again to experience the comfort and intimacy of our four Main House Suites and five Luxurious Cottages. We hope to meet you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia and Cancelon so you can book your By the Side of the Road Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- By The Side Of The Road Inn & Cottages Hotel Harrisonburg
- By The Side Of The Road Inn And Cottages