“Good value”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #23 of 262 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Staying at nearby Microtel. Walked over and had a great meal, very cheap. Was able to take away drinks and bread. Lovely waitress

There are newer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Restaurant was not busy so i was seated immediately. Wait staff seemed in a rush for me to eat and be gone - I wasn't given 5 seconds before waitress asked if I knew what I wanted. Maybe that is normal for this chain, I haven't eaten there often.
I thought I would like the corn muffins but they were totally greasy (I picked one up and fingers were instant grease balls!) - didn't taste good.
The pork chop sauce was not to my liking. The fresh veg's were your basic carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.
I was given my bill with my food "for your convenience".

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I understand why they changed the menu, so they could be more politically correct and offer healthy choices (though they offered grilled chicken salad in the past, now you get it with no cheese and less meat). I don't know everything they took off the menu but they did take off the onion rings WHY? Cracker Barrel had some of the best onion rings! And now they have a half pound burger (yea that's healthier!) and I didn't see an option for a smaller burger and it's on a white bun...But wait, they switched the mayo to "light" mayo so I guess that makes up for it?
Honestly I don't go to Cracker Barrel for a healthy meal though I have no problem with the option for it...Light Mayo? For real? Replace the fat with Sugar how much healthier is that really? I ended up eating most of the steak fries I don't really even care for trying to figure out why the mayo tastes different and is so much thinner (yes I like mayo on my fries, it's a treat not an every day occurrence). I did complain to the manager when we paid because he was standing there and he told me they still have regular mayo packets -so make mental note of that if you want real mayo. I know his hands are tied he had no choice in the menu change.
The sweet tea is still awesome! At least they didn't replace that with the chemical laden artificial stuff!
My husband got the eggs in the basket with gravy (again treat, not everyday occurrence) and he was as pleased as he always is.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

The new menu includes lighter choices like grilled chicken and fish with steamed vegetables that we enjoyed. That way you don't feel so bad about eating the biscuits! The corn muffins are too dense and sweet for my taste. Service was prompt and polite.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I went to this Cracker Barrel with my grandparents. They treated us great! My grandmother is in a wheelchair and they were awesome about accommodating. I had the Chicken Tenderloin Dinner, and I highly recommend this as a safe fall-back food for anyone. If you don't know what you want, the Chicken Tenders, both grilled or fried, are great!