“Unexpectedly Great!!!”

Bella Luna Wood-Fired Pizza
Ranked #6 of 293 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Bella Luna features hand-crafted, farm-fresh food in a warm and inviting environment. Located in the historic Livery Building in downtown Harrisonburg, Bella Luna offers wood-fired pizzas, hand-made pastas, fresh seasonal salads and sandwiches, and delectable desserts. The bar features a wide selection of local microbrews and hard ciders on tap, in addition to choice wines and artisan cocktails. Center stage at Bella Luna is an open kitchen with a massive, wood-fired oven. Guests are able to watch as their pizzas are hand-crafted and baked in the 900 degree oven. Our chefs follow a traditional, time-honored method of pizza-making, begun over 200 years ago in Naples, Italy. The intense high heat and live flame of the Bella Luna wood-fired oven creates textures and flavors which conventional pizza ovens cannot match. The oven uses a sustainable fuel source: local white oak. Bella Luna menu items are made from scratch daily, using the finest ingredients available.
Reviewed May 9, 2017

When my college daughter told me she wanted to go for pizza in Harrisonburg, Virginia I was a bit worried as we're from a NYC suburb! The first thing you learn when you travel outside of the New York city area is the pizza is just not the same...
I have to tell you Bella Luna was a gem!
We had a Margherita and a Sausage pie which both tasted accordingly to their fresh toppings.
A must try as a starter is the Risotto Fritters, these were absolutely delicious.
I must also add that the service and attentiveness of the staff was an added bonus!

Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

We visited after graduation, all 12 of us, and wow, great. We made a reservation and were seated and served right away. The staff was helpful and the food was fast, fresh, and tasty.

Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

Stop after long drive. Arrived 8:15pm so no issues getting table. Shared asparagus from the pizza oven with sea salt, really nice. Then the meat balls, they have a little kick in the sauce. We all then had pizza. Thin crust with crispy base. Fresh local ingredients rounded the whole thing off. Could not fault, worth the drive off 81 south. Shaun

Reviewed April 29, 2017

We have lived in Harrisonburg for 24 years and raised kids here. We now have an (almost) empty nest and enjoy going downtown for dinner and/or drinks. This is our favorite place due to the good food, charming atmosphere and professional service. I don't have any motive for saying so, I'm just proud of our downtown and of Bella Luna. The most recent dish I ordered there was a pasta bolognese that was as fresh and delicious as similar dishes I had on a trip to Florence, Italy. The appetizers and salad dressings are always good and use fresh local ingredients. I haven't had a disappointing experience there yet.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed April 24, 2017 via mobile

We visited Bella Luna to try the pizza and hard apple cider. The best part was the cold fresh tasty cider. The salads are small for the price and the pizza is very small for its price. Pizza was tasty but tiny and so we stopped at Ciro's Italian in Elkton and got a way better deal. If you are hungry for pizza this is not the place, it was like eating 2 small pieces of thin pizza with barely any toppings.

Date of visit: April 2017