“Always, disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Virginia USA
“Always, disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

I can't understand the popularity (usually crowded at dinner time) and raves for this restaurant. I go back every year or so, and am always disappointed. I went for the "lobster festival" that's TV advertised. The lobster was nothing as depicted (much smaller), and definitely not worth the price. (I know lobster is expensive - but I know too what I expect for the menu price.) Tables are close together, it can be noisy, and the best service I've had is only tolerable. Unfortunately, there's no good seafood competition in town, so maybe that's why it's so popular here. (Pano's has good fired and broiled fish and seafood - and the best hushpuppies - but no lobster. The prices though correspond to what you get on the plate.) In the meantime, I'll get lobster tails elsewhere (like Costco, frozen) and fix them at home.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Grottoes, Virginia
“Always excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

Red Lobster here is always right on par. We visit as often as we can and is my kids' favorite place to eat. I know it's a seafood restaurant, but you must try the New York Strip...it's the best in the 'burg.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank LOVINITNOW
New York
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

We came here for a late lunch it was not too crowd, so it must have been a good time to go because we had a quick seating which is unusual for a Red Lobster. My family had seafood and I had steak because I cannot eat shellfish. My family loved the food and my steak came too me the way I like it. Oh I have to give a hand ot Tara for her excellent service and her patience with my family. She helped give them recommendations, served extra biscuit with our out going dog bag.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JBartlett1
Denver, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

We were first seated next to a group of drunks but the management moved us as soon as they realized it and then gave us free dessert! We were in awe!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Sunny315
Anderson, South Carolina
“Not Disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

The server was great and the timing of serving the courses was perfect. All the food was served hot and fresh.

Visited November 2011