“Joshua Wilton House: A Gem”

Joshua Wilton House
Reserve with OpenTable
Joshua Wilton House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 281 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Campbell Street
Description: Located in an elegantly restored Victorian mansion, Joshua Wilton House is within walking distance of historic downtown Harrisonburg and the campus of James Madison University, offering guests quiet charm and gracious living in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley. The Restaurant offers a unique and exquisite a la carte menu that changes with the seasons, along with an extensive selection of beers and an award-winning wine list. Featured are the food products of many small local farms and producers who supply our kitchen with high quality ingredients that simply cannot be found elsewhere. Chef's Tom French and Brian Bogan work together to create food that highlights Virginia's southern heritage while adding a French influence to the dish. During the warmer months, seating is available on the outdoor brick patio. Arrive early and enjoy a cocktail in our lounge before dinner.
Reviewed August 27, 2010

We make the drive from NY to North Carolina on a regular basis. We certainly are used to great restaurants in NY. But the Joshua Wilton house in Harrisonburg is amazing! The chef is sooo talented and the staff is warm and attentive. We look forward to our stay every time and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. How can you miss with a great historic B&B and a first rate restaurant?

Reviewed March 7, 2010

I've been fortunate to have stayed at the Joshua Wilton House about nine nights since the Fall of 2009. I've stayed primarily during the week for work. I love the grand, old Victorian house and restaurant so much I've brought my fiancé back on the weekend (and we had a wonderful stay). Each stay has been consistent, pleasant, and very welcoming. The restaurant is fantastic and the chef is creative. There is a bit of feeling that the main attraction is the delicious, fine dining downstairs with five very clean and well appointed rooms upstairs. At dinner, we recently tried the mussels - the broth is famous - and we finished every drop slavishly through the meal. The inn's rooms are very comfortable with cozy large beds with feather beds and period pieces and reproductions. Not sleek or modern, but more like a really clean, cozy old relative's place that you do enjoy staying with. Room four and five are my favorite, but I haven't stayed in the smaller rooms with fire places. The Aveda products are a wonderful touch. One little complaint - the beds could use some feather and down pillows rather than all polyester less expensive pillows. And, the wifi is in and out sometimes (I am a geek, its probably good not be always connected). Overall, the inn is a wonderful retreat and great value not far from the rat race of Washington, DC.

Reviewed September 7, 2009

During a recent visit to the area, we had dinner in the Joshua Wilton House. It was a lovely meal--a little on the pricey side, but well prepared and delicious. Local ingredients are used, and all is prepared on site. The dining area, including a patio outdoors, are pretty and pleasant. The service was excellent. Our tastes were catered to with no question.

1  Thank greyhairedwanderer
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We have been here several times, since we live fairly close by. The food and service are always outstanding. There is a true chef in the kitchen.

My only complaints are that I usually go away hungry, and more than once we have had a table that seems to be thrown in a hallway or closet. I'm not a complainer by nature, so I don't say anything, but I'm surprised given the attention to detail, that they don't notice this.

Reviewed August 5, 2009

the food was excellent. Service and atmosphere were great. We went to celebrate our wedding anniv. our banana cake desssert was brought out to us with happy anniv spelled out in choc sauce. This was great southern hospitality. there was a wine tasting event at the restaurant so we did not expect this type of great service

1  Thank cybered