“Harrisonburg Gem”

Joshua Wilton House
Reserve with OpenTable
Joshua Wilton House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 262 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Campbell Street
Description: Located in an elegantly restored Victorian mansion, Joshua Wilton House is within walking distance of historic downtown Harrisonburg and the campus of James Madison University, offering guests quiet charm and gracious living in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley. The Restaurant offers a unique and exquisite a la carte menu that changes with the seasons, along with an extensive selection of beers and an award-winning wine list. Featured are the food products of many small local farms and producers who supply our kitchen with high quality ingredients that simply cannot be found elsewhere. Chef's Tom French and Brian Bogan work together to create food that highlights Virginia's southern heritage while adding a French influence to the dish. During the warmer months, seating is available on the outdoor brick patio. Arrive early and enjoy a cocktail in our lounge before dinner.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Wonderful gem that was recommended to us by a local who said it was the best in town. Must agree! Started in the bar with a leisurely drink, were not rushed. Escorted to table when we were ready - no hurry, take your time. Food and service were perfect. Enjoy the experience when in town. Nice to see fine dining still lives.

1  Thank phu14
There are newer reviews for Joshua Wilton House

Reviewed April 27, 2014

I went here with a friend & my daughter for dinner. While the wait staff was very good, and the atmosphere quaint, the food was not as good as I had expected. We had dined at the Local Chop House & Grill the night before and I must admit the the Chop House was better. My friend agreed. Since the Joshua Wilton house was rated #3, I expected it to be comparable, but it wasn't, and it cost more. I had filet mignon at both places, so I can honestly give this opinion without any bias. I would chose the Chop House over this for food quality, price and atmosphere.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

The bar is a lovely place to start and then dinner was elegant and friendly. My duck was perfectly cooked and the Joshua wilton salad a great salad to start with. My husband who is a steak connoisseur really liked his filet. Dessert done by a pastry chef was great to share-chocolate raspberry mouse with great presentation. First time here from out if town and we were impressed.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Once upon a time I would have gladly paid the high prices for the amazing food and service this place was known for-top notch. The chef is over reaching a bit and the service is disappointing. We paid $250 for a mediocre experience. My advice go to the chop house for less money, great food And great service. Sad to report these folks are not living up to their legacy or price list.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

You won't be disappointed if you have dinner here. Every detail was just perfect. We had the filet and also scallops. Very tasty. Amazing pear salad. Incredible desserts.