“Upscale with local produce”

Joshua Wilton House
Reserve with OpenTable
Joshua Wilton House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 263 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Campbell Street
Description: Located in an elegantly restored Victorian mansion, Joshua Wilton House is within walking distance of historic downtown Harrisonburg and the campus of James Madison University, offering guests quiet charm and gracious living in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley. The Restaurant offers a unique and exquisite a la carte menu that changes with the seasons, along with an extensive selection of beers and an award-winning wine list. Featured are the food products of many small local farms and producers who supply our kitchen with high quality ingredients that simply cannot be found elsewhere. Chef's Tom French and Brian Bogan work together to create food that highlights Virginia's southern heritage while adding a French influence to the dish. During the warmer months, seating is available on the outdoor brick patio. Arrive early and enjoy a cocktail in our lounge before dinner.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This restaurant is within a restored Victorian home which serves as both a restaurant and an inn. There are several small, intimate dining rooms as well as an outside eating area. The food is excellent as is the service. It is a perfect place for a special occasion.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Te food was wonderful" High end meal! The service was excellent And the atmosphere was romantic. Beautiful place for a nice meal with my husband. Great location to downtown Harrisonburg and JMU.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My coworkers and I were down here on business, and looked forward to a nice dinner after working all day. We were not disappointed. White tablecloths, starched white dinner napkins, intimate dining rooms. I had the duck breast, which was perfectly cooked. I also had a starter of beet salad, again, fabulous. This restaurant would also be excellent for couples looking for a special night out.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

When companies come and take my husband and me out to "the fanciest restaurant in town," they often pick this place. I don't know how it got that reputation. The food is good. The portions are small. Miniscule. We have had horrible seats, sometimes we feel like we are sitting in a hallway or closet. After dinner, we always have some snacks to make it through the evening. My appetite isn't that big, and for what you pay, you should go home with leftovers!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I have have been to the JWH on quite a few occasions. We usually dine here on special occasions with good friends or on our Anniversary. We have never had a bad experience here. It has been our consistent choice for the go-to place for that special dinner. You cannot go wrong here.