“Best Italian food I've had in some time.”
Review of L'Italia Restaurant And Bar - CLOSED

L'Italia Restaurant And Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We hope your experience will be memorable. Please sit back, relax and allow us to serve you a sampling of innovative, authentic Italian cuisine.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were on vacation looking for a good place to eat with kids. This place was fantastic. The menu had wonderful Italian dishes. The kids found something they like. The prices were very reasonable. I had cannelloni. It was superb. Myhusband had chicken rolletini and that was excellent. The warm bread was great with butter or EVOO. Salads good. I will come again. Waiter was exceptional as well.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Got here Saturday evening for a late romantic dinner with my beautiful spouse :-) , and truly can't explain in words how well everything was - from the kind welcoming, to the great service, and to the excellent food! The place has some outside seating, but unfortunately - the view is the street with the drive by cars... so - we sat inside :) The decor is nice and calm, with music (mostly Italian :-) ) on the background- which get you in the mood. Then some TASTY warm bread with butter (yumm) and EVOO and balsamic which complimented the bread... very nice beginning! will skip the salads - though they were very good and fresh! for the main course we ordered the Gorgonzola steak which my wife enjoyed very much! if you ever ate this dish in "Olive Garden" (what can I say... our kids' favorite...) - well - this one is on a different level! I had the Carbonara which was excellent! With a very decent portions - we were stuffed... but with such good food - we just HAD to share a dessert! and we were happy we did! (although we didn't finish it...): I had an espresso = which again I must admit - was EXCELLENT.... not many places will end up serving the right amount,the proper extraction that will result in the flavorful Crema.... that had everything! and for the highlight: we had the Cheesecake with the raspberry sauce....don't skip that one :-) bottom line... as already stated.... just go!

1  Thank Gilad I
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We often stay in Harrisonburg,VA when we drive from Atlanta to New York and were tired of chain places to eat. It was recommended by our hotel and turned out to be a great choice. The food was good, the prices were reasonable and the staff was great. Skip Olive Garden and eat italian in a great local eatery.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We just went in for lunch, had two great salads and wine.
The music was very very nice, and you hardly hear that anymore, I loved the decor and our server was pretty and very nice and efficient.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

After a long drive to our vacation destination we were tired, hungry and wanted a good Italian meal and we found it.Upon entering we thought it might be a bit pricy as there were real tablecloths on the tables and the host and waitress were dressed in a professional manor. It's really a nice place with a very relaxed, yet warm decor. The staff was as professional as they looked. We were checked on numerous times to see if everything was o.k. and if we needed anything. Our waitress was a bit nervous (maybe a new girl) but she was great. My wife got a Pomegrantini cocktail that was large and full of flavor. Our chicken selections were prepared the way we requested. It's a great place for a great meal.

1  Thank GaryG668