“Only regret: I didn't find you earlier”

Black Forest German Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 257 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Only regret: I didn't find you earlier”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Best dinning experience I have at a restaurant anywhere to date.

Not only was the food completely authentic, reasonably priced, and generous portions but the whole staff at the restaurant including the owner, chef, and waiter were extremely welcoming and genuine. We had the fortune of coming in at an off time and had the pleasure of speaking with the whole staff. Easily the best restaurant in Harrisburg and as someone from the Northern Virginia area I can honestly say the food rivals that of any high end Washington D.C. restaurant. We will certainly be back.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best Wurst ever!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Das Sauerkraut war lecker
Der Rotkohl noch viel besser
Die Wurst -- oh! Donnerwetter!!!
We stopped at a Black Forest heaven in Harrisonburg, VA on our way back to Washington, DC only to find homemade sausage to die for! One of the best sausages we have EVER had: meaty and juicy and savantly spiced. German culinary know-how at its best...with a grand smile!

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Authentic German Cuisine”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I agree with the other reviewers, the exterior is not a grand guesthouse you might picture in Schwarzwald…but who cares, because the food is outstanding. I have spent a good bit of time in Germany and Austria and I am very impressed with the meals we were served. The draft beer was excellent and the white Riesling Trocken (dry) was also very good. Service well above average, not only did our server Miriam do an excellent job and checked in with us often, the floor manager also made sure our meals were good and that our server was providing for us. Another waiter actually grabbed our glasses when we were ready for a refill. We found the time from order to being served was normal, not long or microwave fast. The dishes were definitely authentic, I had the chicken schnitzel, two very nice pieces pounding out and cooked perfectly. My wife had veggies and those were nicely seasoned with plenty of paprika reminding me of German goulash. Great experience can’t wait to visit again !!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank jedidiah1899
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Flavors of Grandma's House”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Wonderful flavors I remember from Grandma's home cooking I have found in Harrisonburg, VA and I HIGHLY recommend the BLACK FOREST GERMAN RESTAURANT!!! You won't find an elaborate extensive menu in a fancy setting or "eat and run" but what you will find is excellent home cooking from centuries old family recipes using fresh authentic home made products, a relaxing experience, friendly knowledgeable staff and beautiful abundant presentation of the food. Owner/Chef Daniel is a delight as is his delicious food!

Harrisonburg, Virginia
“Great Restaurant!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had a great time, the food was delicious, the people were friendly, we had fun and I would recommend this restaurant to anyone would is tired of eating at a regular/fast food restaurant. It was a great experience.

• Visited July 2013