“Great value! Good food very cheap!”
Review of Cook Out

Cook Out
Ranked #52 of 264 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 14, 2014

You can't beat the prices! Good food for very cheap! My husband loves it! Great lunch spot! Fast & cheap!

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I'm a track coach and we took our team to JMU. I asked the team where did they want to eat and the consensus was Cook Out. I had never been before but they raved about the burgers. I saw the menu and the BBQ plater jumped out at me. I can never get real Virginia / East Carolina pulled pork. Well this was it. Great pork and sauce withTexas Pete on the side, perfect. My sides of hush puppies, cole slaw and fries were wonderful. I will find the closest Cook Out to me (open one in Maryland, please) and get the BBQ again.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

For us, this was a new restaurant so we decided to try it out. I don't eat simple carbs (flour, potatoes, sugar) because that way I can control my diabetes. My husband loves to eat anything, as long as it is bad for you. Ugh! So we cover both ends of the spectrum. We were both disappointed.

It was clean. The employees were nice. Prices were very reasonable.

I had the BBQ Platter. The pork barbecue was decent and there was a nice portion, Fries I had to give to hubby. Cole Slaw was delicious, but so much sugar I couldn't eat it. I couldn't eat the hushpuppies and that was pretty much everything on the menu I could eat. I drank some water.

Husband was excited to try a little of everything: corn dogs, onion rings, fries, hushpuppies, and chicken nuggets. The only sauce was ketchup, but he went and asked and they handed him some BBQ sauce. No mayonnaise.

The big problem for him was everything is baked, not fried. So it was pretty dry and tasteless.

I think it is funny that everything is "healthy" baked, but unhealthy simple carbohydrates with NO option for diabetics. I'm not sure who they are trying to appeal to, but it wasn't us.

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

It is always loud! My burger was overdone and hard! (Like it was sitting on a warming tray for hours)

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We saw this restaurant will driving through the area and decided to give it a try based on good reviews. The reviews were right-on! We enjoyed the burgers, especially with the side chili placed on top of the burger. You do get a considerable amount of food for the dollar. We recommend a stop here if your in the area.