“Typical Golden Corral”

Description: Restaurant is located approximately 2 miles east of I-81
Wendell, North Carolina
“Typical Golden Corral”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Food was okay, nothing special. It was not overly hot and there were few veggies. Okay if you are hungry and want choices, but nothing to write home about,

Visited March 2013

Tyrone, Pennsylvania
“Love it!!!!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Our first time to a Golden Corral and it definitly exceeded our expectations. The Harrisonburg, Virginia location was very clean and the staff was professional and very nice. There is a HUGE selection of food! The dessert bar is the BEST! I loved the chocolate fountain and my kids loved the cotton candy!

• Visited March 2013
Elkton, Virginia
“One of our favorites with this company.”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Always fresh. Watch for coupons. The best thing in my opinion is the mangers are always on top of it. I always see them. My kids call them air traffic controllers the way they are on top of the seating on busy days like Sundays. We love it!

Visited March 2013
Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
“What you would expect - no surprises”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The service is consistent, the food is a little bland, and the prices are low. It is exactly what you would expect from this chain. It is cleaner than some others I have visited in other towns.

Visited March 2012
Philadelphia area
“A great chain, and this is one of the best for choices and presentations...”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is our favorite chain when traveling. Always, there are the makings of a fresh and nutritious salad, with spinach in addition to other greens choices as well as cottage cheese and a variety of additions, including some sort of nut. In this case, the nuts were slivered almonds. The peas, beans, and beets often offered at the salad bars of other restaurants in this chain were missing, however.
But this one made up for it with dessert choices: 6 different flavors of frozen yogurt in addition to the soft serve vanilla and chocolate ice creams, plus a selection of dipped ice cream. I was especially pleased that the latter included sherbert.
Based on the Golden Corrals in 3 states that we've seen this trip,the chain has added cotton candy to its offerings--an obvious hit with the kids. Another addition is a chocolate 'fountain' with fruit and various cookie-type bites on sticks (e.g. krispie treats) to put in it. This isn't our 'thing,' but we saw lots of folks enjoying it.
I like the fish offerings--sometimes good and sometimes overcooked, but fine at this particular establishment. My spouse likes the meatloaf and the make-your-own taco. At this particular restaurant everything was well-replenished and nicely presented. We were there at lunch and the grilled meats are a supper item ,but we've never been disappointed with those. And, the ribs offered at lunch were quite fine.
If we weren't just 'passing through' we'd come here often.

• Visited August 2012