“We enjoyed our stay here (on a hill)”

Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
Reviewed June 24, 2010

This Sleep Inn is on a hill which keeps you away from the town noise. Everything was clean and quiet. I enjoyed the large room with a chair and stool, to relax and read. This is a great value, and we had everything we needed. There is a wonderful Italian restaurant down the road that we loved, L'Italia Restaurant, so intimate and friendly and good value. We began our two-week trip of the South East here, and this was a good beginning. I recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 3, 2009

Upon arriving at the front desk I was informed that the reservation was not in proper order. My family and I were to stay one night in a room on the first floor, which I paid for and was told over the phone would be reserved for me and my family. This may not seem like a huge problem and if I was traveling alone it wouldn't have been, however my mother is handicapped and has to walk with a cane and cannot navigate stairs on her own therefore this was a disaster. I felt that I was not valued as a customer even though I paid promptly for the room and service. After hours on the road this is the worst kind of complication to have. So we were stuck in a shabby room on the second floor with no highspeed internet and a broken closet door. The reservation team at this hotel is very incompetent. Do not trust your reservation, and call several times to make sure it is in proper order. I hope my review will persuade you to come to this hotel only if you are sure that your reservation is triple confirmed by phone email and any other correspondence that you can imagine. Also what I was told that a reservation is a request not an actual reservation, they can make changes to your reservation even if it is paid for without any notice.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank reservationskeptic
Reviewed August 14, 2009

My family stayed here while on our way from South Carolina. The accommodations were fine, although the double beds (rather than queen) were an unpleasant surprise. Also, when we arrived, the front desk clerk was no where to be found and we waited almost 5 minutes for him to appear. The next morning when we were getting ready to check out, the morning shift desk clerk was also missing. She arrived after about five minutes of waiting. The continental breakfast was fine, with a good variety of items. We were concerned about a bus load of some sort of sports team that arrived just after we did, but we didn't hear a peep from them!

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Debrear
Reviewed August 4, 2009

The Sleep Inn & Suites Harrisonburg is in a great location, just a little over a mile from I-81. It is also within walking distance of Bob Evans and Texas Road House.

Pros:
- Continental breakfast in the morning was good. Donuts, cereal, bagels, sausage gravy, hard-boiled eggs, and coffee and juices were available. The breakfast area is medium-sized, so it could fill up quickly.
- Free wireless internet. The free internet is a nice perk.

Cons:
- Mediocre construction. The floors of the hotel are very thin. When you walk down the hall, you can hear the floor move. I had a room on the third floor and could hear people walking above us in their room on the fourth floor. I wish the construction was more solid.
- Bathroom. The bathroom is not stellar, especially the toilet. There is not enough pressure created to flush the toilet.

Overall, because of the price, I would stay at the Sleep Inn again. However, I would need to get a room on the top floor to avoid some of the problems outlined here.

• Stayed: July 2009
2  Thank collstudent08
Reviewed May 21, 2009

My boyfriend and I met here for a weekend visit. We had a good experience. Having read these reviews, we asked for a room on the top floor and got it. But we didn't find the walls to be thin--our room was nice and quiet.

The only complaint I had was that there was a very strong smell of stale smoke when you got off the elevator on the fourth floor. By the second day of our visit, it wasn't noticeable anymore.

The breakfast was also quite good for the price--FREE!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ruby921
Reviewed September 22, 2008

Our stay here was fine. Clean, friendly, good view. Luckily the hotel was not busy because the walls are thin.

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed August 28, 2008

I stayed for one night with my two daughters on our way to NC. It is nicely located and after a long drive we could walk to Bob Evans for dinner and then we walked to the delicious ice cream stand on the road behind the hotel. Although this hotel does not have a pool, the same corp owns both this and the Hampton Inn in Harrisonburg, about 300 yards away. Guests at this Sleep Inn can go to that Hampton Inn and use their pool and we did just that. There was no problem getting the pool key when we showed our Sleep Inn key. The continental breakfast was average. The wireless internet worked in the room with no issues at all. It was great for the one night stay we needed.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)