“Great wedding rehearsal dinner”
Review of Capital Ale House

Capital Ale House
Ranked #20 of 262 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We attended a wedding rehearsal dinner here and were very impressed with the food and service. The upstairs rooms were spacious and well appointed. The appetizer plates (cheeses, spreads, sausages, and a giant pretzel) were great! The buffet dishes were very tasty; hot foods were hot and cold foods were cold. Delicious deserts.

If you are having a function in Harrisonburg, I would suggest you check this place out. Parking is limited, though.

There are newer reviews for Capital Ale House

Reviewed August 29, 2013

My recent visit was for Brunch on Sunday after church. It is only served on Sundays from 11-3PM. They have a very diverse selections and they are not the usual breakfast offerings. I had their special which included spinach, goat cheese, and country ham and it was served with a biscuit ( I asked for toast instead which is sourdough bread) and also hash browns. It was very good and the flavors of the spinach, goat cheese, and country ham blended well together. Their coffee is one of the best coffees I have ever had. I had several cups which is unusual for me.
Our waiter was Josh Newman and he was very attentive and made sure everything was to our liking. I highly recommend Capital Ale House for their brunch as well as their other meals.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Brilliant place- our friend from Harrisonburg was showing us around the town and told us to pop our head around the door and admire the bar with it's 100 beer taps. Didn't turn out that way, the rest of the tour was cancelled and we spent the afternoon in the bar sampling one fantastic beer after another. Barman was a really knowledgeable enthusiast and guide , pretzels and mustard sauce were perfect to stave of hunger. Never did get to see the rest of Harrisonburg- probably never will because if I ever come back going to Virginia going to put this Ale House on the itinerary again.

1  Thank hamsterjam
Reviewed August 20, 2013

On an overnight trip back home from Hilton Head we stopped in this lovely town and looked for a place to eat. We found this bar and restaurant near James Madison University close to the center of this historic town. So many beers on tap, 100+, that I asked the bartender for help choosing. I had a caramel and coffee flavored beer that really hit the spot. My wife who usually doesn't ever drink beer even sampled one of the others that he recommended. We both shared a salad, soft-shell crabs and an order of mussels. By the time we left the whole bar was full. They also have an upstairs bar, outside deck and a restaurant. Service was a bit slow but it gave us more time to enjoy the beer. We will definitely be back next time we are in the area.

1  Thank frb47
Reviewed August 11, 2013

A beer lovers paradise with above average bar food good atmosphere and a return for lunch is likely.