“Great times, service and food”
Review of O'Neill's Grill

O'Neill's Grill
Ranked #23 of 264 Restaurants in Harrisonburg
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stopped at Ham’s while traveling through the area this past weekend and had a great time! The service was phenomenal! The food was very good; it came out quickly and was hot, fresh, and tasty! We enjoyed the many TV’s and the fun atmosphere.
Our youngest did not like his kid’s meal, so we ordered something else for him. The waitress was kind enough to take the kid’s meal off of our bill. We didn’t ask for that, and it was a very nice surprise.
The Kickin’ Chicken sandwich, Salmon dinner and ribs were superb. The side dishes are also excellent. My son said it was the best macaroni and cheese he has ever eaten. I was impressed that the manager had a point of coming to each table to see how the meal was and if everything was OK. If we are in the area again, we will definitely be back to Ham’s!

Reviewed July 29, 2011

This was our first and last visit to Hams. Something wasn't quite right when I walked in the door. On retrospect, I didn't smell food. The restaurant smelled moldy for lack of a better term. They refused to cook a burger medium rare or medium, just medium well but . . . for 2 dollars more . . . they would cook a Bison burger medium rare. The french fries were soggy and cold. The philly cheese steak was very stingey on steak, I could count the onion pieces on one hand and there were 6, count them, 6 pieces of mushrooms. for which I paid extra! My partner got a french dip. The roast beef tasted like it was boiled and the dip was merely brown water which only made the bread soggy. It had no taste, not even salty. The table was sticky. The wait staff was inexperienced but fine except they never brought a pen to sign our credit card receipt. At $17.XX for this lunch I might as well thrown it under a bus. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. Negative 5 star rating.

1  Thank mladye