“The perfect stop for weary travelers.”
Review of The Village Inn

The Village Inn
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 9, 2007

This is a lovely, convenient motor inn with a great little restaurant. Only five minutes off the interstate. The staff are very courteous and checking in was quick and easy. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are a little dated and tired but still quite clean. The parking lot is well lit and you can back right up to your room’s door for easy loading/unloading. We had our dinner in the motel’s restaurant where we were served a very good, home cooked meal by a friendly waitress. We will definitely return the next time we are traveling the same route.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank PickeeMe

Reviewed February 23, 2007

We stayed at this hotel in August 2006 and in February 2007 while visiting JMU. If our daughter chooses JMU, we will definitely stay here again. This comfortable, family-run hotel is clean with spacious rooms. All the rooms have refrigerators and microwaves. Some of the rooms have decks in the back and you can park at your front door. The restaurant is good and everyone is very friendly. This was a real find!

Stayed: February 2007
3  Thank teritique
Reviewed February 19, 2007

Just got back from staying at the Village Inn. Based on the reviews I read on Trip Advisor, I was really excited that we had found a jewel of a motel. I was slightly disappointed. Overall not a bad place to stay, I just expected a whole lot more. We reserved a room with a deck, of which we didn't get. When my husband asked, he was told rates were the same for all rooms, so we ended up staying in a room with no deck. Our room was old with wallpaper missing, uneven floors, and not the best cleaning job. We had trouble getting the heat adjusted each day, we came back to a cold room and then when the heat came on it warmed up too much and we kept having to go back and forth. The uneven floors made the bed uneven, and the noise outside from the highway kept us up most nights. I did love having the whirlpool tub and made the cost worth while. Overall it was a decent place, we didn't try the breakfast buffet, we tried the dinner buffet, which was ok. The staff was pretty friendly and it is a cute place, maybe if we had been in one of the "newly remodeled" rooms we would of felt differently. We still enjoyed our trip and the room served the purpose. Just after reading all the wonderful reviews on here, I was a little disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jrhceh03
Reviewed February 18, 2007

This was the perfect example of how reliable Tripadvisor really is. It is now my absolute favorite website. I haven't stayed in a motor lodge style motel since I was a kid and I never thought I would again, but the reviews for the Village Inn were so consistently positive, I figured I would put it to the test. This was the absolute cleanest accomodations I have ever experienced. This includes some of the finest hotel chains, resorts, cruise lines, etc. I was very impressed. Then when you consider the price, it simply can't be beat. We were in Harrisonburg for my daughter's audition at the JMU School of Music. She has numerous choices for college but we are hoping she will pick JMU partly because we know we have a clean, friendly place to stay when we visit! Keep up the great work, Village Inn!
P.S. The breakfast buffet is a bargain for under $7. Country style food so forget the diet!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank oliviaonthebeach
Reviewed January 28, 2007

I'm a big fan of an old fashioned motor lodge as long as it's clean and safe. I stayed here for two nights with my three children, while we visited the Massanutten resort waterpark and tubing slopes, and I was very pleased with our suite accomodation. We had one room with two doubles, a big bathroom and an entirely separate bedroom with a sofa bed, microwave and mini-fridge. It was nice to have so much space and everything was clean and comfortable. I felt very safe as a woman staying there alone with my kids and while we didn't try the restaurant, it looked good. The whole place is old-fashioned in the best possible way. The price was fantastic for what we got, too. It's a little far from Massanutten but certainly within easy striking distance of downtown Harrisonburg.

Stayed: January 2007
3  Thank Emmagold
Reviewed January 18, 2007

Thank you Tripadvisor! The Village Inn was just what we needed on our long trek south to Florida. Nice big room with a good shower and nice thick towels and wireless internet access. Restaurant was a good value, soup and salad were good. Steak was ok. We will probably stop there again on our way home.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple