On our trip to the Shenandoah Valley, we had the misfortune to plan it for college move in weekend, and most of the places we liked to stay were booked for the nights we wanted. Based on reviews in TripAdvisor and other sources, we took a chance on the Village Inn. We weren't disappointed. Despite the age of the facility, the rooms were the equal of many moderate priced chain I've stayed at. They had been recently rehabbed and were nicely appointed. The bathrooms had twin commodes, and the rooms had plenty of light. We liked it so much, we decided to extend our stay there to two nights. Because the hotel was pretty full the second night, we had to change rooms, so we got to see two different rooms. Both were very nice with comfortable seating in addition to the beds. Some of the rooms have their own decks. Unfortunately the view isn't what it once was due to the growth of the area. The wi-fi worked as advertised. The restaurant was nothing fancy, but the food was good basic comfort food (we tried the breakfast and dinner buffets) and appears to get a lot of local patronage in addition to the motel guests. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. There is no lobby area. 24-hour coffee in the restaurant-lobby area and a computer for guests would be nice additions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Village Inn is located in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, near several higher learning institutions including James Madison University, Eastern Mennonite University, Bridgewater College, and Blue Ridge Community College. The 3-Diamond AAA rated Inn is located near the New Market Civil War battlefield, Shenandoah Caverns, Grand Caverns, Sysco Food Service, Whitewave Foods, Rockingham Memorial Hospital, Merck, Molson – Coors Brewery and the Shenandoah Valley Airport. Enjoy dining at our full service onsite restaurant, our outdoor pool/hot tub, and our children's playground. Each room has high speed internet access, microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your The Village Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Village Hotel Harrisonburg
- Village Hotel Harrisonburg