“substandard in every respect”

Motel 6 Harrisonburg - South
Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Harrisonburg
North Wilkesboro NC
Reviewed October 2, 2004

Facilities were simply not clean--cobwebs evident in windows, bits of trash scattered around, musty smell in rooms. Price was reasonable compared to other area motels, but you will get what you pay for--or less!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Norfolk, VA
Reviewed February 23, 2004

This place should be investigated for fraud. I stayed there, the room below average, but I paid and went on my way. Six months later, I found a charge on my credit card from someone else's stay. I was home at the time. I called and wrote, and the charge is under investigation by credit card company; the management at Belle Meade was of no help. How they can get away with this blatant act is beyond me. That travel sites continue to carry neutral information about them is unbelievable.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Berwick PA
Reviewed November 2, 2003

Dont make reservationis at this place!!! I made reservations in July for Late august. I was not able to make the trip, I found this out early August so I called in the 1st week of August to cancel my reservation. I was told on the phone that my reservation was cancelled no problem. I asked for a confirmation number to the cancellation, they give you none. They just say, trust me its cancelled. Well turns out they charged me for a room on the day i was originally suppose to be there. So I called to get this corrected and refunded.....I called over 18 times total and till this day it has not been refunded. The manager kept telling me..."DONT WORRY MY FRIEND I WILL TAKE CARE OF IT". Yeah right! Here its November and still nothing is done about it. My credit card company called them and the lady said that they were down right rude to her on the phone! The card company issued me a temporary refund until they investigate this matter. You get no help from Management at all! they are very rude and clueless on how to run a business. They are not done hearing from me. Ive reported them to VA's Better business bureau and the local District Attorney.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Harrisonburg, Virginia
Reviewed January 8, 2003

After calling around town for weekly rates a friend from out of town and I chose this motel. There was an additional deposit of $50 added which would only be returned if my friend stayed 3 weeks! This wasn't mentioned on the phone.
The room was dirty. The bedspread was ragged and never replaced after the staff was notified. I cannot reccomend this motel for one night!

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed October 14, 2002

A typical older motel in need of renovation. All in all it was fair for the reasonable rate. ($45 during mid-week) Everything was well-worn and not as clean as I would prefer, but the bed was pretty comfortable and it was quiet. (not many units were occupied)

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Washington, DC
Reviewed October 13, 2002

Antiquated phone system that doesn't allow direct access to guests in rooms. Staff at front desk refused to answer phone calls for telephone transfers to the rooms of hotel guests. Even worse, front desk staff member refused to dial 911 for guest at hotel when needing emergency assistance. Don't even plan on staying at this place without having your own cell phone.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Maryland
Reviewed September 2, 2002

Housekeeping "forgot" to do the room one day. Mildew all over the shower curtain. Fixtures in disrepair (sink cracked, faucets dripping). The only positives: 1) it was cheap and 2) parking spaces are ample and easily accessible.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member