“don't bother”

Good for: Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Phoenixville, PA
“don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

ate here Memorial Day early evening. Place was nearly empty as expected and must have had limited kitchen staff. We were a group of 7 and they put two round 6 person tables together which made for awkward seating. Entrees took a long time and only three came out then over 5 min till other four. Hot water for tea wasn't very hot. not worth the money. Won't go back as there are other choices in H-burg.

Staunton, Virginia
“Just ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Decided to eat here after receiving a gift card from close friends. It was a Saturday night, they were packed. Got seated fairly quickly. Waitress came we placed our order. We ordered fried pickles for appetizer. These were terrific. Our meals came out and drinks . Sons steak was cooked nicely and was tender. My fried chicken sandwich on a cabatta roll wasnt anything special . My wife did not rave about her fish n chips meal either. The waitress's let our drink run dry and never asked us if we wanted refills. This evening was nothing special at o'charleys . We may try there again . But down the road and hopefully a different waitress.

South Carolina
“Nothing to Write Home About”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We live close by and I was really excited to get a coupon for their prime rib. I thought about it all day, and when I got there, the first thing I asked is if they had any. I love prime rib!

The ladies at the front desk were delightful. My husband and I were shown to a huge corner table that swallowed us up. The table itself was a bit sticky, but I didn't want to say anything. But that was the beginning of the end of my infatuation with the evening.

I have to admit, I am one of those people who have a hard time looking at someone with facial piercings. Really, I see "decoration" on the nose and it makes me want to gag. The waitress was overly perky, to the point of great insincerity. And she didn't check up on us. Our drinks ran dry. When she did, she talked and left and never really asked what we needed.

The prime rib deal was really lame. It was just one small piece of prime rib and one side, and two people share an appetizer. We couldn't get any appetizer, just from a list of the cheapest ones. Chips and dip.

The spinach/artichoke dip came, and was quite ho-hum. It was very spicy. The spinach was fresh, though. Rolls were good. We wanted more, but couldn't get the waitress's attention and gave up..

The saddest part was that the prime rib wasn't even good. It was tender enough, but absolutely no flavor. There was the tiniest attempt at parsley I have ever seen. It was more like eating tofu. No spices at all. My husband felt the same way, just not good. Mine was done medium rare as I had ordered, and when I cut into the meat, it looked white from the side. It was like they had painted the top pink. Strange. I didn't finish it.

There was a manager that floated around from time to time. She was very soft-spoken and came up to the table and said "hi" and didn't even ask if everything was all right. I wouldn't have said anything because I didn't want to ruin it for my husband by complaining. But it usually doesn't bode well when they don't even ask.

I have had many great meals in this restaurant. I hope this was a random bad one instead of a new management that doesn't care. I'll keep my ears open!

• Visited March 2014
Provincetown, Massachusetts
“Great service; average food; reasonably priced.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were on a two week driving 'adventure' from MA to CA and decided to take Route 81 South to the Gulf Coast. Our first stop was in Harrisonburg, VA and we had dinner at O'Charley's primarily because of its convenient location. We were greeted with a friendly smile and seated immediately. Our server could not have been more helpful and professional. This was an example of real Southern hospitality. O;Charley's obviously has a very limited wine list, which was expected. We shared an excellent Caesar salad; I chose the ribs and my partner chose a fried chicken and biscuit dish. The entrees were 'OK', nothing terribly memorably, but they were well prepared and flavorful. O'Charley's is a family restaurant but is also a good choice for weary travelers in search of a good meal without attitude and without breaking the bank.

• Visited December 2013
“Can you say Ponderosa”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stopped in Harrisonburg on an extended road trip. Specialty on the menu was the Bacon Cheddar Burger. For a medium burger it was overdone and tasted just like it had come off the fake char broiled grill

• Visited November 2013