“Delicious Fresh Flavor”
Review of Kline's Dairy Bar

Kline's Dairy Bar
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Harrisonburg
Description: What makes Kline's ice cream so smooth and creamy with an unbelievably delicious taste? It's all in the production method and ingredients. We take the quality of our ice cream very seriously. High quality ingredients and an old fashion ice cream making technique has made Kline's an institution since 1943. Unlike the more popular and profitable soft serve and batch methods of producing ice cream, Kline's employs an almost obsolete process of continuous freeze production. Other methods can yield several times more ice cream because of the air being pumped in during the whipping process. The continuous freeze method used by Kline's, however, does not add extra air to the product. It is a very slow and labor intensive process. Each location makes their own fresh ice cream each morning for the day's sales.
Reviewed April 30, 2013

After all the recommendations, I decided to give Kline's a try. I usually stay just down the street from Brusters, so that is easy and fairly decent as far as ice cream goes. But you will not regret Kilne's! Peach is one of my favorite ice cream flavors and, although I prefer the type with fresh peaches in the base,Mathis did not disappoint. The ice cream was full of flavor and had great texture. It was also not too soft- this type of ice cream quite often is already half melted by the time you get it and its a race to finish it before it turns to soup.

I also got a waffle bowl and was very good- don't know if it was homemade, but it certainly hit the spot. I also thought the portion size was perfect (another complaint of Brusters- I end up getting kids size or throwing out half of it).

Kline's also has a lot of toppings for sundaes, so if the flavor of the week doesn't pique your interest, it's still worth stopping by for an alternate flavor (they also have chocolate when I stopped by) or a sundae.

1  Thank NWwolverine32

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Red Velvet Cake! You won't believe it's ice cream! I don't know how they did it but it definitely tasted just like the cake.

2  Thank HokieDuo
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Wow this is the place for soft serve ice cream. Busy but worth it and large portions.

Flavor of the day

1  Thank hcrtex
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stopped here for milkshakes, only to find that they had 4-5 flavors, and that was it. My banana shake was ok, but the cashier was more interested in slamming her window shut than bothering to ask me if I wanted a receipt, or giving me one. Very short and to the point - not exactly what I expected. Add that to the fact that a Cookout milkshake puts their shakes to shame, and we won't be back for more...

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The ice cream is out of this world and they have some for your pet also! Be prepaired to pay for it though for it is expensive!